Any Singles cruises?

Search

Any Singles cruises?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Singles cruises?

Hi. I'm looking for a singles cruise for my brother (he's 30). I have not been able to find one. He cruised last Sept. on Carnival Victory & was not happy to find no single girls on the cruise.
Thanks!
Marina
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:43 PM

I don't beleive you couldn't find single cruise! I just typed in "single cruises" in the search field in google and got a long list. Even catholic single cruise was there
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:15 PM

Windjammer Barefoot Cruises has regular singles cruises. They accept reservations of a balanced mix between men and women so there aren't more of one than the other. Plus, there are a max of 120 people on board...easier to meet people than with 3000. Check out the Windjammer Flotilla at jammerbabe.com for more info, or log onto WJ website. Hope this helps!
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 11:00 AM

In my experience, shorter cruises tend to have more singles on them. Also, the single women tend to outnumber the men by about 20:1. Put him on a 4-day Carnival trip and he'll have a great time.

Alternatively, there are agencies that specialize in trips for singles. Faina is right--use your old friend Google.

By the way, Marina, you're a good sister to take care of your brother like this.

Cheers!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 04:41 AM

Be VERY careful about travel agents and lines that advertise "singles cruises". These are usually a BIG disappointment.

On most ships that mean almost nothing. All it means is that they advertised it as a "singles cruise" and as one poster said, you could get there and not find another single person.

Windjammer is a good choice as they truly devote the cruise to helping singles meet.

Most lines will have a singles meeting (social time) at the start of the cruise which can help.

Again though, really check out what the line means when it says singles cruise. Unless the entire ship is sold that way or there is one major (singles) group that has filled the whole ship, I'd think twice.