Search

Wyndham or Hyatt??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Kara

Wyndham or Hyatt??

Anyone have any personal information on which of the two are best for honeymoon??? Thanks for your help!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Kini

If you are speaking of Aruba, I'd go with the Hyatt hands down.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Jill

I second the Hyatt!!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:35 AM
kara

yes aruba. i heard wyndham is just as great, and more economical.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:45 AM
donnie

The Wyndham may be a better value, but the Hyatt is a nicer resort.<BR><BR>If money is no object, go with the Hyatt. If you can save a lot by choosing the Wyndham, you'll just be stepping down one small notch in quality.<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Kini

The Wyndham is not as classy. It is also adjacent to the public beach so on most days, there will be swarms of local kids. But if that doesn't bother you...<BR><BR>Also, the Hyatt sits on a better strech of beach in general and has nicer grounds, rooms and many great restaurants at the hotel. Depending on what time of year you go and where you make you trvale arrangements, you can get some deals at the Hyatt.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Mary

was there a year ago - no comparison. Wyndham was DEFINITELY not as nice, beach was MUCH more crowded, Hyatt and Radisson, where we stayed are MUCH nicer.Pools at Radisson are wonderful, restaurants at Hyatt were great.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Kini

I agree...the Radisson is also another great choice. Stayed there just this Fall. The Radisson may be a little less expensive than the Hyatt, but just as nice if no nicer in some respects.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Sharon

We just returned from staying at the Wyndham and we had a great time. <BR>Wyndham has a very nice beach (local children in the water off to the left of the property some mornings in the water no big deal). Personnel were very friendly, good service, restaurants very good and felt very comfortable for those nine days. The only negative thing was the front desk was a little slow.<BR>We stayed in a very large full suite on a non-smoking floor with a fantastic view that would have been considerably more expensive at the Hyatt or Radisson. <BR>If money is not a consideration go for the Hyatt or Radisson for your honeymoon. Between dining, airfare and the hotel costs a vacation can be very expensive. Consider also renting a car.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:13 PM
gsdf

I disagree with the majority. We stayed at the Wyndham 1 1/2 years ago and it was a pure delight. Great pool, customer service, concierge, etc. I would recommend it to anyone and would definitely go back. It's not as &quot;low scale&quot; as everyone makes it out to be. You'll be glad you stayed there and think you were at a 5star resort.

Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We really enjoyed our stay at the Wyndham. The room was lovely, and the pool staff made us feel very pampered. Overall we didn't feel the rest of the island had much to offer, but the stay at the resort was wonderful.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:38 PM

Hyatt hands down. Checked them all out and that's the only one I would stay at, Radisson would be second choice.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:00 PM

We always stay @ the Marriott and love it there. We walked along the beach and checked each resort out. We thought for the money that Wyndham was very nice. A real nice pool area but we didn't see the rooms. The Marriott has a nice swimup pool bar and waterfalls inside the pool.<BR><BR>If you are planning for a honeymoon, i'd splurge and go with the Marriott, Hyatt or Radisson! But IF you do choose The Whyndham, you will still have a great time.<BR><BR>By the way, we would walk down the beach and swim in all the different areas. We even swam in all the other resorts pools (just to check them out)
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 08:43 AM

We stayed at the Wyndham off-season last year and had a very nice vacation; however, if you're on your honeymoon I would suggest staying at the Radisson because the grounds are very tropical with parrots, waterfalls and an infinity pool--definitely more romantic. However, if you choose the Wyndham I would strongly recommend a full suite--they are very large with great views--they also have at least 2 non-smoking floors if that is important. <BR>You might contact the Wyndham to check if they have a special for a suite package such as a Manager's Special.