St. John Suggestions?

Feb 6th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

St. John Suggestions?

Hi, posted a message earlier but the title wasn't real specific to St. John so thought I'd repost.
My fiance are going to be in St. John at the end of April for our wedding and are looking for suggestions for possible wedding sites. It is a small ceremony (just 6 of us), fairly casual adn at sunset.
Also looking for ideas for dinner after.
Staying at Palm Villa on Gifft Hill so any feedback from anyone who has stayed there or general feedback about caribbean villas and resorts mgmt company appreciated as well.
Thanks in advance.
Feb 7th, 2003, 08:27 AM
bomotrix

There is a restaurant (the name eludes me but it sounds French) high on the mountain, perhaps in the exact middle of the island. Fantastic view, I think they have a deck or balcony of some sort and heard from others while we were there that the food is fantastic.

Feb 7th, 2003, 09:06 PM

The name of the restaurant that bomotrix refers to is Le Chateau Bordeaux. I'm not sure if you could have a wedding ceremony there or not. Try calling them. According to my 2000 Fodor's Caribbean book, their phone number is 340-776-6611.
Feb 8th, 2003, 06:30 AM

My husband and I stayed at Caneel Bay in November and we saw lots of weddings being performed there. I don't know if you have to stay there or not in order to get married there but the views are lovely and I suspect Caneel has been in the wedding business for awhile so you should get good professional service. They also have a couple of good on-site restaurants but I think the best restaurant we ate at food-wise was ZoZo's at Gallows Point. The Stone Terrace was a close second. Both are located in Cruz Bay.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:48 AM

I'm getting married at Cinnamon Bay in June. Anne Marie Porter of St. John Weddings has been very helpful to me. I don't know how much of the arrangements you've already made, but if you need an officiant, I highly recommend her. She's been a tremendous help and can offer suggestions for lodging, restaurants, etc. Her website is www.stjohnweddings.com.

Good luck with everything!!
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for the suggestions so far. Hey hip321, you too? We got in touch with Anne Marie a couple of months back and are having her do our ceremony as well...we're on to finding a good site to do it. I suspect on one of the beaches but as we haven't been to St. John before don't know which one yet.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:58 PM

You may want to consider Maho Bay Camps.They have a large open air pavilion half way up the hill from the beach that has a drop dead view of the sunset.Lots of folks gather there every evening to watch sun down and I know and have seen photos of past wedding ceremonys held there in the evening.If you chose Maho.....don't forget to invite me, good luck.
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:40 AM

I discussed Anne Marie's location suggestions with Alain & Tommy (photo- & videographers) and decided that Cinammon would be the perfect place. Having never been there either, I'm completely relying on the opinions of the people I'll be working with, as well as message boards such as this one.

If you ever need someone to commiserate with or compare notes, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].