Reload this Page >

Windjammer Landing Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Robert

I'm planning on taking my girlfriend to the Windjammer Landing Resort in February 2002 for 5 days. It's the first time I've been to the Carribean and the hotel was recommended by a travel agent. Has anyone been there before? If so, Top 3 things you liked? Top 3 things I should be warned about? Is Sandals a better choice? Thank you very much, in advance.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 06:03 PM
xxx

I would no question stay at Sandals. I especially enjoyed Sandals Halcyon over the larger Sandals Golf. Windjammer needed paint and a "facelift" in my opinion. I saw it 12 months ago. I didn't think their villas with plunge pools were nice. Love the hassle free vaction of an all-inclusive and always have the "open mind" to go off site to eat & sightsee.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 04:09 AM
AnotherOpinion

Sandals is a very specific kind of experience that not everyone enjoys (myself included). I would go to the Windjammer.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Penney

I have notbeen to Windjammer but have heard positive things aobut the property. I do har alot particularily in regard to the facilities for families so so not know how they cater to couples.<BR><BR>We did stay at Sandals Halyocn and rally enoyed it. It has a very tropical atmosphere, beautiful grounds and very romantic. It is very laid back however - alot more so then the larger Sandals but nice to that both choices. Food and service was very good.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 05:12 AM
michael

I've been to both Sandals and Windjammer. Just got back. Windjammer is fantastic. The layout of the resort affords you privacy, yet ample opportunity to meet others during dining/drinking. The villas are very classy in an understated way. The views from all of them are fantastic with Martinique just before the horizon. <BR><BR>Neither Sandals nor Winjammer have a great beach. Both are fine with calm water. However it is the staff at Windjammer that distinguishes the place. They are naturally friendly and polite. They will try to accommodate any request you have. The water sports staff will help you with sailing, water skiing, snorkeling, etc. Just ask. No one is looking for a tip. They just like to help people. <BR><BR>Best thing to do on St. Lucia is hike the Pitons. Unfortunetly it is a 1.5 hour drive or 1 hour boat ride. However it is worth it.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 05:08 PM
bonnie

I too agree with Michael. After visiting the Windjammer 4 years ago we bought a timeshare and have loved it every year since. I will be returning 2/17/02 for a week. If you are traveling President's week, expect alot of kids. If you are not traveling that week then the resort will probably be quiet with more couples than families. The things I liked most about the resort are the fantastic views and spaciousness of the villas, the peacefulness and laid back feeling, the restaurants, and the wonderful people who work there. They are very warm and friendly. My 6yr old son loves the children's program, so we all enjoy all aspects of the Windjammer. If you don't want to be around children then Sandals would be more appropiate for you. I have never been to Sandals, but I'm sure it would also be a nice place to spend vacation.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Robert

Thank you to everyone that has replied. I really appreciate it. I feel much better about my decision to try Windjammer. I was a little nervous since I hadn't been there before. When I get back, I'll post my experience in this forum (I hope it's very good). It sounds like the staff is responsive and resort worth trying.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 07:51 PM
Rae

Robert, I too, would recommend the Windjammer after starying there for my honeymood. The resort is laid out on a hillside with pools at various levels which can afford you with choices. One thing you must try is a Chef cooked dinner in your villa. This was one of many highlights during our stay. You choose the the courses and they even have a waiter serving you and assisting the chef. Enjoy!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:51 AM

ttt

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:47 AM
Babs steel

Hi, I too like Windjammer. Not as "smart" as Sandals but much more interesting and the staff are very good. We have one of the new fourplexes which are very nice. Jacuzzi on balcony etc. Some of the older villas do need a touch of paint so try to request a newer one! Please do post a review for us.<BR><BR>thanks!