Search

Which Sandals is best

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 03:11 PM
tom

Which Sandals is best

I am going to St. Lucia in January and have my pick between the Country Club and the Grande St Lucia, any suggestions on which to pick?

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Marti

Hi Tom,<BR><BR>Since Sandals Grande St. Lucian just opened last week, nobody has posted yet so we can compare, but here's what I think. I'm going to Grande St. Lucian in November, simply because it will be new. (Actually renovated from the old Hyatt) I hear some people post that their Sandals room was "musty" or "dirty", yuk! Hopefully, with a newly renovated resort, you won't get that. I hear the Sandals Golf resort and spa is more of a party place than Halcyon, if you want to compare the other 2. Halycon is smaller, maybe an older crowd.<BR><BR>So, I guess it depends on what you're looking for! For me, new is important. Post your priorities, and maybe those with more Sandals experience than me will reply.<BR><BR>I do know the pictures on the Sandals web site of Grande St. Lucian, are of the old Hyatt, NOT the renovation, and I suggest you email them and ask them to post new pictures, I did! This should help you compare.<BR><BR>either way, have a great trip!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Michael

Just returned from Sandals St. Lucia Golf and Spa. Rooms were good, not musty or diry. Staff was great. Watched a news report on the opening of the Grande and it looked good. I would be leery about staying anywhere that just opened. Guests were already staying there this week and they were still working on the property. Construction on vacation is not relaxing. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Laura

This message is to Michael: I too am looking at various Sandals resorts and would like to know about the one you just visited. Could you please email me your address so I can ask my questions directly. Thank you!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:21 AM
TRAVELER

I have been to Halcyon and St. Lucia Golf and Spa. We were there a year ago August, both were great. Liked Halcyon better for the quite and low rise buildings.<BR>We are going to the Grand St. Lucian next week, Oct 4th for a week stay. Will post upon our return and let you know the lastest. Can't wait but keep watching the Weather Channel, a little worried but we will just snuggle up in our room if it rains!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Penney

We have been to many Sandals and I personally would choose the newer Grande. They just completely redid the resort which is a nice perk and said to be on a wonderful beach - Golf Resort has a very poor beach.<BR><BR>Try goingover to www.tropictravelonline.com There is tons of info on both resorts as well as pictures.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Marti

Thanks Penny! First real pictures I've seen!