Which Punta Cana Resort is for us???

Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Which Punta Cana Resort is for us???

Trying to book a holiday trip....looking at Punta Cana beacuse I can get a direct charter flight (major plus).

We are a family of 2 adults 1 six year old girl. We love, love, love Half Moon Bay in Jamaica - anything like this in Punta Cana?? We don't want to spend a fortune on this trip so tha leaves out Tortuga Bay which looks perfect - but too pricey this time. Eveything looks rather mega resorty - no preferred, but we aren't going to be too picky.

Kids club would be good, god food, beautiful beach, nice pools......we are going to decompress - so lots and lots of activities are not necessary.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:05 PM

Take a look at the Iberostar Complex in Punta Cana. There are three hotels in that complex that would allow a six year old. They have a lot of activities for children.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

I need to pay more attention to my typing.....

anyway, I found two that look interesting:

Dream Punta Cana and Majestic Elegance

Does anyone know anything about either of these properties and how they compare??
Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:39 AM

We came back from Majestic Elegance (the club) recently. Other than a musty feel in the room and average food at some of the restaurants we don't have any complaints. The beach was beautiful. Always enough chairs etc. The pools were really nice (and the club pool was very quiet). I think you can't access some areas of the property unless you are part of the club which is adults only so that would be a negative for you. We did walk by the kids club and it looked quite nice with a pool and slide. The lobby and common areas are very pretty. The service was very good. Have not been to Jamiaca or other AI in Punta cana so can't compare.
Oct 23rd, 2009, 12:31 PM

We love the Ocean Blue Sands & Golf Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It has the best rooms and food we have found. Took our sons, their wives and four grandchildren in July and it was outstanding. We had spent 16 other trips to Punta Cana and we really love this hotel and it's staff.