Search

WHICH ISLAND

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:03 AM
JAY

WHICH ISLAND

WHICH ISLAND IS THE BEST FOR A QUICK WEEKEND GETAWAY IN THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:03 AM
JAY

sorry i used all caps! any suggestions will be great thanks

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Linda

A lot would depend on where you live. From the East Coast Bahamas and Bermuda are close.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:13 AM
kt

You may want to try Aruba or one of the other islands outside of the hurricane belt.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Carolanne

Bermuda may be a bit cool in November. I have gone to many islands in November, St. Martin, St. Barths, Virgin Gorda and always had beautiful weather. Although November is still Hurricane Season, it is rare to have one at that time. It has happened, I think it was Lenny in 2000 on Nov 18th. But again it was considered very rare to have a hurricane then. the stormiest months are Aug-Sept-Oct. Most resorts are closed Sept & Oct(rainy and hurricane season) and re-open November 1st. I think your safe in November as I like to travel to the caribean at that time, so I'm not telling you anything I'm not doing. <BR>We will be in Anguilla 2nd week November!<BR>Choose an island and go to Stormcarib.com and do some research for the week you will be going.<BR>

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:45 AM
jay

I will be flying from nyc. Already been to aruba loved it. But wanted someplace closer for just the weekend. any more suggestions will be great.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Anon.

Jay: Then I suggest looking at a map.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:55 AM
jay

EArth Moron:<BR>I have looked at a map. What does that have to do with which island to go to maybe you shouldnt be so sarcastic!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:20 AM
eileen

How about Turks and Caicos? It is only about an hour flight from Miami and I think there may be some direct flights from JFK? Best beach I have seen.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:21 AM
bUdNiP

Jamaica

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:23 AM
tivertonhouse

We often have long weekend getaway guests from nyc into Drambuie Estate,outside of MoBay,Jamaica. See<BR>the Winston Churchill property at jamaicaescapes.com with airfare discounts available via cvoa.com to our guests.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Anon.

Jay: Sorry. Shouldn't have been so sarcastic. What I should have said was, check out a map of the Caribbean and determine which island distinations are the closest, then go from there - narrow down your choices then ask for advice. Otherwise, you're going to get people who say "go to Aruba." Can't get much farther away than that - not really a weekend destination.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:45 AM
kim

Jay - we have done JFK - sto St. Maarten for a long weekend. But you have to get on the non-stops if not its not worth it. You leave at 8:00 am and can be on the beach by 1:00. We have done 3 nights and are pushing for 4 nights this year!! depends on the babysitter.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:58 AM
mks

Have quick SHORT trips to St. Thomas. It is a GREAT destination and there are some DIRECT NON-STOP flights flights from NYC area