Which all-inclusive in St. Lucia

May 30th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Tenny

Which all-inclusive in St. Lucia

My fiancé and I are planning on going to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. We are planning on staying at the Ladera for 3 nights then move to an all-inclusive for 3 or 4 nights. We are look for a resort that has some good nightly entertainment and a social atmosphere. Water sport being included is also very important to us. Can you recommend any good resorts, beside Sandals.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

May 30th, 2002, 06:29 AM
anon

Not for what you're looking for.

May 30th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Deana

Another island would be better if you really need a lot of nightlife but I believe you wont get more romantic resorts than Anse Chastanet or East Winds Inn in St. Lucia. A little more nightlife might be at the all inclusive Rendezvous. Air Jamaica flies to St. Lucia and allows a stayover in Jamaica--stay at the luxury resort of Super Clubs Grand Lido Braco in Runaway Bay (all inclusive)--we had a great time--no one under 16 allowed. Huge pool with swim up bar, long white sand beach for those walks, lots of dining variety plus bakery--modeled after Jamaican village.

May 31st, 2002, 06:07 AM
mary

Besides Sandals, I would have to say the Wyndham Morgan Bay. Not quite as upscale as Sandals but still very nice.

The nightly entertainment was decent and they do offer water sports (water ski, knee board, banana boat; jet skis costed extra). It's an all-inclusive with good food, staff, and top shelf drinks included.

Only downside was that the beach wasn't real big and the water was actually kind of murky. But all things considered, that shouldn't be a deterrance to go.

May 31st, 2002, 11:42 AM
kevin

My wife and I stayed at the Ladera resort summer 2001 room T and loved it. I think you will have a great time.

May 31st, 2002, 11:57 AM
Anon.

If your interests are nighlife and water sports, you most definitely don't want to spend more than 3 or 4 nights of your vacation at Ladera. While I think you will love it, I also think you will become bored after a while. It is very romantic, unique and scenic but also very quiet with very low key entertainment and I'm not sure if it's offered nightly. Whatever you do, keep your original plan and divide it among two resorts. I too have heard good things about the Wyndham. IMHO.

Jun 1st, 2002, 04:22 AM
Nanette

For luxury in an area that provides easy access to nightlife, look up the Royal St. Lucian, a highly rated resort on a beautiful beach.

Jun 1st, 2002, 04:56 PM
Tenny

Thank you everyone, I will research your suggestions.

My fiance figures it would be nice to be by ourselves for the first few nights, but then we want to go out and have some fun. Not spring-break type of fun, but just something a little more social then the Ladera.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:17 AM
Traveler

I'd recommend doing your all-inslusive first and then going to Ladera. I've heard several people on this board who didn't do that but said they wished they had. Just a thought. I think they were so enamored with Ladera that the second resort just didn't match up. But since you're looking for some nighlife and activities, you may not fit into this category of people.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:53 AM
Tracey

I'd consider LeSport for your all-inclusive. They definitely include watersports. We stayed at the Wyndham & also enjoyed that a great deal. They include most watersports, but not scuba. Enjoy! St Lucia is beautiful!

Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:32 AM
Sharon

Tracey, Is there a big push for "healthy vacationing" at Le Sport--is it purely by choice of activities or is it more regimented? Thanks.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:55 AM
anon

Good choice with Ladera! The northern part of the island truly does not compare with the location between the pitons (the north is very dry in comparison). I went last summer with my boyfriend and we stayed at the Jalousie Hilton which is on a small beach (very close to Ladera), they have lots of activities (snorkeling, kayak, beach voleyball) and all inclusive food option which is really expensive in my view. Nightlife is ok, go to Bang on Wednesday right next to the Hilton for an entertaining show. One other night was a big bbq. Anse Chastenet also looks nice. I really wouldn't bother going to the northern end of the island.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:09 AM
mary

Just to clarify what anon said, the south is more mountainous and green but the north is definitely not dry. It is still quite green and very hilly. One day trip to the south to see the views, etc. and that was enough for me.

I actually preferred the north over the south. Much more to do and see. I would definitely visit both spots so you can get a good feel for the island.

Both have their pros and cons. We ran across a lot of beggars in the south but, surprisingly, not even one in the north (and we've visited the island twice).

The north also has more bars and restaurants. You may want to make sure you're in the north for Thursday's Jump up in Gros Islet. Quite the party spot which can get loud and rowdy. I didn't care for it buy many enjoy it.

Let us know what you decide and have fun whatever you do!

Jun 4th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Tracey

Sharon,

I didn't stay at LeSport, but from what I've heard, the healthy concept isn't pushed a lot. Many groups of women go because of the all-inclusive spa aspect, not necessarily b/c of the sport aspect. I think it's more "wellness" & less "healthy" if that distinction makes sense.

Jun 4th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Alex

We spend out honeymoon in St. Lucia last May. Similar to yourselves, we stayed at Ladera for the first three nights and wanted something a bit more upbeat for the rest of the six days in St. Lucia. Decided on Le Sport and we loved it. Very laid back with lots of all-inclusive activities. I'm sure you've been to the website already. We thought the water sports were great. We took out a catamaran every morning and snorkeled every day as well. Scuba lessons are inclusive as well. Water skiing and tubing is also available. The food at TAO was probably the highlight at the resort. Another highlight of the trip was a sunset cruise on the Brig Unicorn. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Jun 4th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Chris

You will love St. Lucia! We also stayed at Ladera for our honeymoon -- it's very magical. We did our sightseeing when we stayed there, then we went to Rendevous for a week -- great place on the other side of the island. No need to ever leave the resort. Don't stay in a cottage though -- the best rooms are poolside. The food was great, staff amazing and the guests were a lot of fun. I would definitely suggest this place. Go to Ladera first to relax. There's nothing else to do there. Renedezvous is a great party place.

Jun 6th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Tenny

Thank you everyone. You have been so helpful!

Jun 6th, 2002, 10:29 AM
blue eyes

Hi.......
We just got back from The Rendezvous after spending 10 FANTASTIC nights there.
It has just what you are looking for....All Inclusive, Couples Only, Lots of Watersports and some evening entertainment.
It's designed with romance in mind, we even got married there.,....IT WAS EXCELLENT....
1 bit of advice, make sure you upgrade to the Luxury Oceanfront rooms as they are only 6 years old and are much larger than the standard ones.
Enjoy St Lucia