Reload this Page >

Rain every day in St. Lucia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:55 AM
E

Hi,<BR>My fiance and are going to St. Lucia next week for our honeymoon. I keep checking the weather forcasts, and it appears to be raining every single day this week! The travel agent told us that it is sunny most of the day, but there are "brief showers". Has anyone found this to be true? Brief showers are ok, but we don't want to be stuck in our room all day staring at gray clouds. Thanks!

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Lois

I hate to disappoint you, but we spent a week there this time of the year & it rained the entire week -- only "brief" dry periods. If you check the following site you can see the amounts of rain St. Lucia normally gets -- it's quite high compared to some Caribbean islands. That site is:<BR>http://www.weatherbase.com

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Shannon

My husband & I just returned from St. Lucia - don't worry about the rain! We didn't see a drop the first 3 days, and only brief, refreshing sprinkles the next 4. The one time it really rained was early in the morning, before sunrise. On the other hand, when we changed planes in Jamaica on the way back, we were told they had not seen clear skies for 12 days! Enjoy your trip - it is the most beautiful, romantic island I've ever been to (at least Ladera & Soufriere are!)

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Are you kidding?

This is a wake up call to E,<BR><BR>St Lucia is a tropical island with a rain forest. Please take note of the word "rain" in the last sentence. Hmmmm...what could that possibly mean?

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Anon

For your info,<BR>We just got back from St Lucia today...<BR>We only saw 2 rain showers during the day and the rest was always at night....15 mins of rain out of 11 days...pretty good.....Be careful though as their wet season officially started last Saturday....

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:38 AM
anon

I think everybody understands the meaning of "rain." What people might not know is that these rain showers are brief. It typically does not rain all day long, even during the rainy season. Showers last a few minutes and occur, maybe, 3 times a day and mostly at night. The southern area of the island typically receives more rain than the northern area.