Search

St. Thomas in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 08:09 AM
tlc
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Thomas in the rain?

My husband and I are traveling to St. Thomas next week for an anniversary celebration - no kids. In checking the extended forecast, they are calling for rain most of the days we are there. Does anyone have any ideas for rainy day things to do? We had mainly hoped to go to the beach and day trip to St. John - just relax.

Also, does anyone have any idea if rainy forecasts usually mean rain all day or just scattered showers?

This is our 2nd trip to the Caribbean - the first was ruined by bad weather, so I'm hoping we won't have bad luck twice.
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 08:58 AM

a rainy forecast normally means some rain for a short period of time on some part of the island. we had a bad week in mexico once so i do understand how disconcerting it can be.
here's a look at historical weather for the island that should reassure you: http://www.wunderground.com/history/...Virgin+Islands
from this page click on 'current conditions' in blue print just under the advestisement.
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 05:11 AM
tlc
Original Poster

Thanks, virginia. We'll keep our fingers crossed for decent weather! My husband has already said that if we have bad weather, this is our last attempt at the Caribbean! I have bookmarked the site you shared.