where to stay on petit st. vincent resort

Old Mar 26th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

where to stay on petit st. vincent resort

We are going for our honeymoon to petit st. vincent resort in July. As we book, we are wondering which of the cottages to request. We want to be secluded from a large group of cottages, but we also don't want to be too far from the beach. We have read both positives and negatives about the 3 cottage locations. Does anyone out there have an opinion before we make a decision? Any additional information about the different cottages would be helpful. Thank you.

Marc

Old Mar 27th, 2004, 09:02 AM

I've stayed in the southernmost beach cottage and wished for just a little more privacy. I'm going to try and find a map and see if I can figure it out for you . Maybe the cottage on the hill would be good.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 10:30 AM

Check out www.scubamom.com.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi Redgirl. Thanks for putting some time into this for me. When you say a cottage on the hill, do you mean the cottages furthest away from the beach? How far away would that be from the beach? If you wished you had more privacy, does that mean that many of the guests on the resort would be highly visible from the beach cottages? Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 07:44 AM

The most privacy is in the hillside cottages which we love. Beaches are only about a 5 to 10 minute walk away depending on cottage location.

First time visitors can request a specific choice, however, it is not guaranteed. We tend to ask for a hillside (even as returning guests) and always get one. As for if we have a favorite - we have many favorites so it really doesn't matter where they put us. All hillside ones have great views and in most, you'll probably never see anyone else from the terrances unless it is someone on the beach or sailing by in the distance.

Be sure to order breakfast in your cottage (absolutely divine) and afternoon tea too. We usually fill out these forms before dinner the night before.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 11:22 AM

I'd say Cottage 4 or 5 are perfect. We stayed in 5. It was up the slope from th beach for a great view but not way up high like Cottage 1 or 2, it was just a minute or two down to the beach. I have alwasy been a beach person but I have to say at PSV it is best to have a cottage on the hillside, more privacy & views. Have fun, we loved it!
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:18 PM

Hi Marcjm,
PSV will be a great place for your honeymoon!

We've been to PSV several times. Our first visit we requested a "beach" cottage but got a hillside cottage instead. While I was disappointed at first -- ONLY because I thought the beach cottages were the best -- we fell in love with our hillside #20. It was up enough to enjoy the island views and could enjoy the sounds of the ocean and hypnotizing sounds of the boat masts. Our other visits have been to #18 which is beach and hillside (somewhat). For us, this is what we were looking for.

It is very hard to recommend a specific location for someone because we all have different "beach personalities". I really spent too much time worrying over what cottage we would get our first trip and others. And what I found was that there were no "bad" cottages. It's a beautiful island with so many views and intimate places to offer that there is no "perfect" cottage. Honest. Just depends what you want at that time. You're a beach lover so I know you have the right attitude. Just enjoy. Take walks and look at the other cottage locations for when you book your next trip to PSV, you'll have a new dream cottage location! Or, that first one will always be your favorite!
Enjoy! I'm envious. PSV is still one of our favorites.

And, yes. Have breakfast in your cottage. Or all meals if you want. Our first trip we NEVER ate anywhere but our cottage or at the beach. Service was great.

Take hiking shoes/Tevas for the walk up the hill. Great views so you'll need your camera for that. Great little bench at the beginning of the trail to take in the view (elescope Hill). And enjoy the bar in the afternoon. Many people from all over the world pop in from their boats/yachts. Lots of fun! And you'll probably have a visit, too, from the local parrot -- Frederick!

I have a map of the island but it won't fit on a single screen. If you are interested, I can e-mail the entire island in 2 pages. It has cottage locations as well as beach huts, etc.

Hope this helps. What a nice end to my evening -- looking at past trips to PSV.

Congratulations.
Sheila
[email protected]
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 11:36 AM

Marc,

I have to ask...which cottage did you wind up with and did you like it? Now that you have been there which cottage would you choose next time? I too am planning my honeymoon for July 2005 and want the same sort of cottage--close to the beach but still private.