Search

Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go?

We are planning a 1 week trip for April. We are looking for a beautiful beach with length for long walks. Also, beautiful water. Next, a beautiful room with pampering available. We stayed at Mallihouhna and it was a bit stilted. And lastly my husband wants exciting scuba diving.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM

I wish guests to the Maliouhana will realize that it is the only formal dining and hotel resort on Anguilla. So when you go to dine, do not expect to where tennis shorts and be comfortable. Anguilla is very scrubby and arid. While the beach are great, the scuba diving is not as good as you will find on Cayman Islands or Turks And Caicos. However, I hope you fully research your next destination and find a great hotel that you like.

Have Fun!!!
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM

You might want to look into The Rock House on Harbour Island www.rockhousebahamas.com, since the island has what you may be looking for. There is some amazing dive sites in the area off HI and Eleuthera, including a civil war train, sunk on a barge, in about 50 feet of water, makes for an amazing site. There are also lots of other wrecks in the area, and some of the best diving in the area.

There are severl nice places to stay on island, but Rock House the the newest upscale resort on island.

Hope this helps, have a great trip.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Please Mallihouhana was wonderful and I recommend it. I am just doing some fine adjusting for what would be our perfect vacation. Right now St. Barths is looking good to me.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 01:51 PM

WOW! I am amaze you were so close to St. Barts and did not visit. Most people who goes to AXA usally split their vacation between the 2 islands. Then eventually, they just choose one.

I did not mean to imply you did not have a great time on your vacation. I was only commenting because you use the word stilted.

Ok I will let other fodorites guide you.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

I really appreciated the information about the scuba diving RE: Anguilla. How would you rate scuba diving at St. Barth/s
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 09:30 AM

I would pick Turks and Caicos (Provo). the water is so turqouise, it glows! St.Bart's is not known for scuba or snorkling, and the beaches are not that long to walk, or you have to drive to them. Provo has endless beaches to walk on, and some of the best scuba diving. The beaches rival Anguilla. Try Grace Bay club, turks and Caicos Club, or Point Grace. Or pampering with a beautiful beach try Parrot Cay.