Best places to go in the carribean?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,<BR>I would love the opinions of others of which carribean island is your favorite? I am looking for quiet, small, friendly, clear beaches, white sand, beautiful scenery, small island atmosphere.<BR>Thank you!<BR>Seva
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 11:28 AM

If you'll type &quot;best island&quot; or similar in the text search box you'll find dozens and dozens of answers to this and similar questions.<BR>It matters not what other people's favorites are if your favorite includes quiet, small island atmosphere, since many people like activity and city amenities at hand.<BR><BR>So typing things like &quot;best beach&quot;, &quot;quiet island&quot; etc will net you many more opinions than waiting around here for a few answers to trickle in. Level of activity here has diminished a lot here past 4 months.<BR><BR>BTW, I'd recommend: St. John, Nevis, BVI's. Other islands that fit your criteria except not very lush: St. Barth's, Anguilla, out islands of the Bahamas, Turks/Caicos.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 03:28 PM

seva, i have been twice this winter to anguilla because i found it quiet. as a single person travelling, i found lloyds guesthouse on crocus hill to be just right - clean, safe, inexpensive and friendly.<BR>susan
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:14 AM

seva, look no further than the Grenadines. St. Vincent is larger, but easy to get to and still has an unspoilt atmosphere; Mustique is very exclusive, but expensive; our favourite is Bequia, real small island feel, but enough facilities that you can enjoy yourself.<BR>Better yet charter a boat and visit them all. If you can get another couple to split with you a skippered charter need not break the bank, and you will have an incredible vacation you will remember for the rest of your life.<BR>Greybeard
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 03:37 AM

I would suggest the Abacos, in the Out Islands of the Bahamas. After 20+ visits to the islands, the Abacos keep calling us back. Beyond the main island of Great Abaco (a worthy destination in an of itself), the tiny offshore cays, which are reached by ferry or rental motor boat and host a large proportion of the visitors to the Abacos, are priceless gems -- amazing, largely empty beaches; beautiful waters, cute little towns (esp. Hopetown on Elbow Cay, with it's pastel-painted saltbox houses and candy-striped lighthouse -- my favorite), and extremely friendly local populations as well as visitors. A real plus is ease of getting there -- a jump from MIA or FLL and you're in Marsh Harbour. To learn more about the Abacos, check out www.go-abacos.com (great pictures) and www.abacoboard.com. <BR><BR>I also second the vote in favor of the Grenadines. They are probably physically lovelier than the Abacos, BUT it's not as easy to reach them from the U.S., and getting from island to island is not as easy either.<BR><BR>
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 07:34 AM

Definitely the British Virgin Islands! Check on their offical website www.bviwelcome.com<BR>Regine
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 07:44 AM

Such a hard question to answer! Where are you flying from....? Try Bermuda 1 1/2 hrs from NYC....its Island paradise
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:32 PM

Haiti! Especially Port-a-Prince!