where to dine within walking distance of Coral Gardens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying at Coral Gardens over Memorial Day, and after reading some posts on the wonderful restaurants, I am wondering where we can eat within walking distance of Coral Gardens? Or will we need to rent a car? Or rent a car for only part of the trip? We usually prefer to have a car for our own peace of mind anyway.

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend!
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 08:12 PM

Unfortunately, there isn't much within walking distance because Coral Gardens is situated on one end of Grace Bay. You would either have to rent a car or take a cab.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:30 PM

We stayed at Coral Gardens in March and the best restaurant we found was right on the premises - Coyoba. A bit pricey though. We didn't rent a car and were glad. It's much less expensive to take cabs to go different places for dinner than it is to rent a car. IMO there's not much to do on the island anyway where you would need a car.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:42 PM

I second kirbsygirl opinion.....it's much easier (and cheaper) to take taxis, if you are only planning to use it for dinner excursions.
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM

We will be at Coral Gardens for the 13th time this Sat. Not much within walking distance except Simba at Turks and Caicos Club. We ate there once several years ago. Great presentation of average food but recently it has been getting good write ups. We normally rent a car to explore, go to the IGA etc. Gives you more freedom. CG has rental cars on site. There is also a Gecko shuttle that runs along the road by the resorts. Don't know the schedule or route but think a weekly pass is about $68/person which is cheaper than cabs. Coyaba is the best restaurant on Provo in our opinion. The CG beach bar/restaurant also serves light dinners.
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Howard: have a great time--thanks for all the help you have given me in the past
Emily: Good suggestions above, but if you are up for a nice long walk, you can make it to Hemmingways at Sands, and Bay Bistro(yummy) at Sibonne. I enjoy walking the beach at lunch time. Guess it depends on how active you are, and if you are up to the exercise. I needed it for all the exra treats!! Have a blast!
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Howard, do you remember the car rental rates from CG? Could you rent for just 1 day?
Also, we will be there for 6 nights. Where else do you recommend having dinner? One note, we actually don't care for seafood. My husband likes fish, but I do not. Neither of us care for crab, lobster etc.

Thank you for your advice, you assisted me several months ago when making my original plans.
Old May 10th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Simba is within walking distance. Their food is consistently good and medium-expensive. You can make it to the Sands as well going east (we love to walk the beach so these are good bets.)
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:20 AM

Yes you can rent a car for one day. Not sure whay the daily rate is. Probably $40-$50. If you call Marcine at 1-800-532-8536 she can tell you rates. We normally pig out on fish but most restaurants have varied menus. Recommend Coyaba (our favorite) Magnolia wine bar and restaurant, Anacona at Grace Bay Club. For less expensive Aqua in Turtle Cove, Bay Bistro at Sibonne abd Coco Bistro. Hemmingways at the Sands is nice and good spot for lunch. Be careful if you walk the beach to a restaurant at night. Suggest bringing a flashlight.
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM

We stayed at Coral Gardens last November and rented a car from Budget for a day, cost $54 for the day.

I also agree with Howard about Coyaba. It was the best meal we have had anywhere in years....but very expensive. All the courses with drinks will cost you $200+. Luckily for us the dinner was included in our Luxury Link package.

We ate at the beach bar most of the time since we had a golf credit to use up. After a few days the menu got boring even thought the food was pretty good. Next time I would definitely try some of the others restaurants.