Notices

Where should we go?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:25 AM
tracey

Where should we go?

Hi, my boyfriend and I are taking a week-long vacation and would like to go to the carribean. All we want is a nice hotel, a good beach and good food. We aren't going to do much exploring, just relaxing. I want a tropical feel with open air restaurants. I also want the location to be easy to get to. Money isn't really a consideration. If anyone has suggestions that would be great. Thanks.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:50 AM
Ted

Easy enough -- ARUBA. It's a great island with direct air from several airports. Great restaurants, perfect weather (no hurricanes), fun nightlife. My wife & I (early 30's) have been all over the Caribbean, and Aruba is probably our favorite overall destination.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Andria

What about the British Virgin Islands. I would highly recommend Anegada Island or Tortola Island which is more centrally located to other BVI's.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Marla

We loved La Source in Grenada (Feb.'97. It's extremely relaxing as it has a spa. You are entitled to one spa service per day - have a massage, facial, seaweed hair wrap etc. It's small, and had excellent food with a la carte meals rather than all buffet, and afternoon tea. It has a pitch and putt golf course on-site, archery and all the usual watersports. Only a few minutes from the airport, but I don't recall ever hearing airplane noise. Canadian and American guests, almost all were 30+.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Kim

Try Sandals St.Lucia Golf & Spa resort or Sandals Negril for its wonderful beach.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 10:58 PM
gilbert

Hi
I have a god friend who rent a NEW cottage on Saint Bart
Look at his website Rates are with car rental
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/cottages-les-creolines/
regards

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:03 AM
rich

I would suggest you look at Compass Point. GREAT surroundings - private and beautiful. Super restaurant overlooking the water. Easy to get to on the Bahamian island of New Providence. My family has stayed there the last 3 years and we LOVE it.
Good luck/rich

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Penney

I have to agree with Compass Point - it is an adorable property. Also its sister resort, Pink Sands on one of the out islands.