Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

What's the best place (hotel/resort) in Bermuda to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 06:04 AM
sam

I'd like to go to Bermuda and stay in a luxury resort/hotel. But from what I hear, is that you won't find any real luxury places in Bermuda. So, I would just like to know if there is one place in Bermuda that can be considered the "luxury" place to stay? I'm looking for a place that's either on the beach or not too far of a walk. Execllent attentive service, very very clean rooms with new furnishings, great restaurants and just anything that you can think would make a resort very upscale and beautiful.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 06:57 PM
still

In my experience the answer is no.<BR>Same with the Caymans.<BR>Plenty of visitors but no US-grade luxury hotels.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 03:34 AM
Me2

Have stayed at Cambridge Beaches and found it old-world elegance. It is on several pretty, albeit small, beaches. The dining was excellent. The spa was fabulous. The other resort I would consider, although I haven't been, is Ariel Sands. Good Luck! Bermuda remains one of our favorite vacations!<BR>

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Doug

I have stayed in several hotels/cottages think about the reefs,I felt this is about the best your going to find.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:10 AM
ocean

we stayed at the fairmont, in southampton... if you like a large hotel, with a lot of restaurants and attractions, it's a great place. we had a fab time.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:17 PM
GM

Bermuda Luxury resorts according to very well-to-do friends of ours which just had rennovations/upgrading:<BR><BR>Fairmount South Hampton and<BR>Fairmount Hamilton Princess (this is in a marina)<BR><BR>The Princess offers exchanging restaurants and other amenities at the South Hampton.<BR><BR>Check out the websites and see which one would suit your wants.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:18 PM
GM

Personally, I recommend the Ariel Sands. Check out their website, too.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 06:14 PM
zzzone

Stayed at what used to be called the Elbow Beach hotel about 5 yrs ago. Beautiful place. If you do stay anywhere in Bermuda and it rains..keep your sliding door CLOSED.<BR><BR>Had a visit from the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!<BR><BR>I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!