Search

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 04:46 AM
xxx

What would you do?

Friends of mine are in a disagreement relating to their past Caribbean travel. So, I thought I'd post it here and see what people think! It should inspire some interesting debate! <BR> <BR>"Jack" and "Jill" have stayed at Sandals resorts 3 times, each time for 7 nights. Sandals has a program whereby once guests have accumulated 70 paid nights at Sandals resorts, they will receive 7 nights free. Jack and Jill recently contacted Sandals, telling them that they had stayed 3 times and giving them the specific dates, and asked Sandals to verify that they had a correct record of these past visits. Jack and Jill received a letter from Sandals indicating that Sandals has *4* stays of 7 nights each - listing the dates and resorts for each of the 3 correct stays, plus dates and resort for another stay that they did not take. This gives them credit for 28 days whereas they actually only stayed there for 21 days. Jill wants to contact Sandals and tell them that they have made a mistake. Jack thinks they should say nothing further to Sandals (he says they already told Sandals that they had 21 days so if Sandals then says they have them down for 28 days that is Sandals' problem)- he thinks they should accept the credit for 28 days. <BR> <BR>What would you do?

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 05:50 AM
Joanne

If Jack and Jill already told them about the mix up and if Sandals still can't figure it out, then definitely take the credit for the extra days. I think Sandals probably has more money than your friends and can afford to give them some extra vacation time, otherwise they'd be a little more accurate with their book keeping!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Kim

Take the credits! Its pennies for them to give them trips away! And im a die hard Sandals person and I would not give the days back.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 04:10 AM
pastor

do i really have to point out the moral and ethical thing to do here? Stealing is stealing whether you take your neighbor's newspaper or credit for something you didn't do/earn. This is typical of the moral decline of our country. Wouldn't you be upset if your landlord/mortgage company knowingly took your monthly payment but never credited you with it&gt;

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 05:50 AM
Mary

I would definitely take Kim's and Joanne's advice. Their justification is enough for me.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 08:51 AM
anonymous

Since they are nowhere near claiming the prize, let it ride. When the time comes then they can make up their mind. And there shouldn't even be a question here what is the right thing to do then.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 12:54 PM
sherry

<BR>we were there for a week, and are not going back, loved it but soooo many other places to visit, so little time, take your extra days as mine

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:08 AM
rick

sounds like jack and jill just don't remember that one stay, simply forgot about that one i guess....

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 12:47 PM
Norma

Sound like Jack stayed there without Jill, he wants the extra credit he paid for but does not want Jill to know. Jill should use the extra week to get even.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 05:21 PM
freewoman

Guess I'm just TOO honest. But I have no problem living with myself and looking at myself every morning in the mirror and know that I have never knowingly taken anything that is not mine. <BR> <BR>This question has nothing to do with how much money the resort has and how little Jack and Jill may have. At some time in all our lives, we will have to account for our actions.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 08:16 PM
Rod Sterling

Jack and Jill should accept the credit and use it with their other credits later when they have enough built up to receive a free week's stay. And this is not dishonest. Jack and Jill earned this credit, because they probably stayed there in a parallel universe or at least Jack and Jill made of mirror image matter probably stayed there. Sometimes parts of these two universes collide often with disasterous results. This time it was a good result. Keep em & use em. God Almighty, Creator and Ruler of all universes, would have them do it no other way.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 06:16 PM
DICEMAN

JACK AND JILL WENT UP THE HILL BOTH WITH A BUCK AND A QUATER.JILL CAME DOWN WITH TWO FIFTY THAT WHORE.YOU FIGURE IT OUT SNAPPAHEAD