Search

Westin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Lucy

Westin

Is the beach at Westin "man-made?" How is the food and service? Is November or December good time to visit?

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 06:02 AM
lane

Yes, the beach at the Westin is man-made which is why it can't compare with the other beaches on the island. The food at the Westin is not excellent but good and quite expensive. The service is excellent in my experience. <BR>I wouldn't stay at the Westin unless I got a really good rate from Priceline or something. I really prefer the privacy and flexibility of renting a condo or a villa.<BR>If you want a resort where you can just plant yourself for a week, I would suggest Caneel if the budget allows. Don't get me wrong, the Westin is a lovely family oriented resort, it's just not my cup of tea.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Ann

I would never stay at a villa.<BR>When I go on vacation I want convenience and service.<BR>Twice daily maid service, room service, restaurants on site, big pools, concierge, etc.<BR>I'm sure condos or villas are great for some people.<BR>They're just not my cup of tea.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Joe

Don't pay any attention to Ann. She likes resorts where she can order people around and feel superior. I would never stay at a villa with her because I could not stand to be alone with her.<BR>She's a nasty one.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Steve

Hey Joe you're the nasty one. Ann just stated that villas are not her cup of tea. They are not our cup of tea either. My wife and I prefer to stay at resorts because of the convenience and service also and we don't order people around nd I'm sure Ann doesn't either. Villas are not for everyone.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Ann

Please ignore Joe.<BR>He doesn't know any better.<BR>He bathes only once a week, so he feels more comfortable at a villa where he can stink all by himself.<BR>He tried the Westin once but he was made to feel uncomfortable by the staff and guests who don't eat sirloin with their hands, pick lint from a mostly fat-roll-hidden bellybutton covered with sweat and hair, and don't cause the pool to steam when they enter it.<BR><BR>Joe and his family are finalists for that new reality show coming up in which the producers are searching for the real-life equivalent of the Beverly Hillbillies.<BR>Congrats, Joe.<BR>