Reload this Page >

Wanted: Private and Economical in St. John

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 09:47 PM
Joan

I have done several searches on the Internet, but I keep coming up with only the most exclusive private homes for rent at St. John. I don't mind a small place to stay, as long as the area is pretty. Can anyone recommend a real estate company to contact for smaller rentals? Thanks!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 03:47 AM
Julie

Hi Joan,<BR><BR>I'm not sure what your price range is, but www.caribbeanvillas.com probably has the biggest selection of villas on St. John, with a decent price range. Also try www.vivacations.com, www. carefreegetaways.com, www.bookitvi.com and www.destinationstjohn.com. These are all the biggies. CateredTo also has nice villas, but they are pretty high end.<BR><BR>With that said, STJ just doesn't have as many lower prices villas as high-end ones. There aren't a lot of 1BR villas either, but most rental agencies charge by the number of people home as opposed to the size. In other words, you probably could rent a 3 or 4BR villa for two at about the same price as a 1BR for two. If you're looking to cut costs, definitely think about the off-season, when prices are usually about half as much. You might also think about a condo like Estate Lindholm, Lavender Hill, Coconuut Coast, Gallows Point, etc., etc. I think Gallows is the priciest of this group but still cheaper than most private villas (unless they've raised their prices substantially since I last checked). The Westin also runs some pretty good specials sometimes (check with a travel agent). They don't have the best beach, but if you're just going to use them as a home base for touring the island by jeep, it might not be a bad choice--they are very centrally located.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 03:55 AM
Julie

Just thought of one you might like. Try this link. Villas don't get too much cheaper than this, but this one still sounds pretty nice to me and it's in a good area.<BR><BR>http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/periw/periw1.html<BR><BR>Actually, I just realized one of the urls in my first reply is wrong. I think it's www.caribbeanvilla.com (as opposed to caribbeanvillas.com). Good luck!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 12:34 PM
John

My Fiance' and I are heading to St. John for our Honeymoon on Dec. 2nd. We booked a nice condo from http://www.parksislevillas we are staying at one of the Battery Hill units. It looks very nice and hopefully was the right choice. I can report back in a few weeks if it is not too late for you.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 12:35 PM
John

correction:<BR><BR>http://www.parkislevillas.com

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Karen

www.stjohonlinks.com has a wide variety of cottages and villas that might appeal. You might also check cvoa.com (caribbean villa's owners assoc) as some of the owners do tie in charter prices for airfare with their places.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 04:33 PM
phil

Joan,<BR>There was an article in a travel magazone a few years ago highlighting cabins for rent in the National Park in St. John's. I think they are run by the park service.<BR>From what I remember, the rooms looked nice and the price was reasonable.<BR>Maybe someone can give you more details. Good luck.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Joan

Thanks so much for the recommended sites and info!<BR>Joan

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 09:19 PM
joan

I have looked at the sites recommended and have written down numbers to call tomorrow. Thanks, again! I am still very interested in info if anyone knows about the cabins for rent in the national park, as one poster mentioned.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Sue

Cinnamon Bay Campground may be what the previous poster was referring to.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Shari

Check out this website for USVI info.<BR><BR>www.usvi.net<BR><BR>Click on St. John, then on accomodations and you will get listings for resorts and hotels, condos, villas, guesthouses and campgrounds. The Cinnamon Bay Campground referred to in the above post is listed, as well as Maho Bay Campground.