Search

S. Thomas Day Sails?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Deb`

S. Thomas Day Sails?

Has anyone taken the Fantasy or Winifred day sail to St. John's for the day? I am looking for personal opinions to help us make up our minds. thanks

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Karen

I enjoyed our sail aboard the Fantasy last October when we sailed to Jost for the day. Pam and Brian were great hosts!

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:27 AM
Larry

My wife and I went on the Winifred 3 years in a row. Captain Sharon Allen makes even the non swimmer feel confident enough to jump right in and enjoy the wonders of the reefs(with help from her "Winnie Wings").<BR>She sails to some of the most beautiful beaches on St. John. I recommend the Winifred 100%!!

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Bill

<BR>How can we reserve a place for the St. Thomas day sails? Where do they sail from and to?<BR><BR>Thank you

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Bill

<BR>How can we reserve a place on the day sailers to St. Thomas?<BR><BR>Bill

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Karen

Bill, there are several very good websites where you can gather info re: STT and daysails. www.vinow.com and www.st-thomas.com are good sites as is the USVI section on www.caribbean-on-line-com. The USVI-on-line board has links to many of the day sails and powerboats that are available and you can reserve with them or wait until you get there. Sailing in the Virgins is a wonderful experience and is really an enjoyable day. Some are half day and some full with some only going to the unaccessable beaches by land on St. John. If they offer a stop in Cruz Bay for shopping, pass that up and do that by public ferry. It's too nice to sail and spend time doing that. Many stop several places for snorkling; others just sail.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 03:57 AM
Larry

Here is a link to Winifred:<BR><BR><BR>http://www.islands.vi/~winifred/<BR>