Search

Grand Cayman Island

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Cayman Island

I have read that the condo we are planning to stay in has some beach erosion and it's extremely rocky walking into the water. I do not want to wear beach shoes to go swimming. If anyone has stayed at a condo recently and could give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:02 AM

There is some beach erosion at the South End of 7MB, so it does impact some condos and hotels, but many are unaffected....or in fact have seen the shift of sand make their beach even deeper....so it all depends on which condo...pretty much anything from Lacovia North is just fine...
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:28 AM
EJC

What's the name of your condo?
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

We are thinking of Tarquin Manor. Casa Caribe and Lacovia are too $$$$.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:00 PM

We just returned from GC on Dec. 3 and we stayed at Plantana cond's on SMB, it was wonderful! Best beachfront, very nice condo's with maid service except Sunday and would recommend Plantana to anyone who can afford it. One tip: If you are staying on SMB, try to stay in a condo that is beachfront at any of the condo's located on SMB as the ones in the rear are real close to West Bay Road which is a very busy 2 lane highway. If the noise is not an issue for you, than it won't matter. I was glad we were beachfront as the cars would of kept me up!
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:54 PM

Hi Meta. I just returned last night from GC. We stayed at Villa sof the Galleon and loved it!! You can get free night and 10% off other nights depending on how long you stay. And if you do oceanview vs. oceanfront, it should be pretty reasonable. The beach there is nice (VOG is right next door to the Westin). But there are sign sof erosion. We were there during a Norwester and the surf was incredibly high and I could see the beach being swept away little by little. The erosion is worst south of Lcovia and on North 7MB. We almost chose Aqua Bay but I'm glad we didn't.

side from VOG, Plantana and their beach looked nice also. There will be some coral and shells on your entry anywhere on 7 MB but Noth 7MB is very rocky.

Srick with central 7MB and you'll be fine.