Search

Villas in St. John

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villas in St. John

I'm getting married in November and we are thinking about renting a villa in St. John for our honeymoon. I am looking for suggestions for villas taht are nice. We have a loose budget to work under so if we find the right place and it's more expensive than we thought, we'd still get it. Also, do I have to worry about hurricanes in mid-November? If so, could it ruin the occasion?
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:54 AM

Go to www.vacationvistas.com.

We rented Argonauta. Perfect location, total privacy, the most fabulous views. Also, Splendore (a 2 bedroom) is supposed to be also fabulous.

Rates in November are low, so don't be afraid to go with a larger villa.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:49 AM

We have gone to St. John in November twice - and it has been lovely - a couple rainy days, but not all bad. However, November is a risky time. This past year St. John had some awful rain the week after we left - beaches washed out - people stuck in their villas. As long as you know that the risk of rain and hurricanes is real (though this is the tail end of hurricane season) and can still enjoy yourself if the rains - go for it!

There is a lot of information regarding villas (websites for different management companies and villa reviews) at www.usvi-on-line.com

Have fun!
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM

There are an abundance of villas on St. John. Which area is a source of debate among St. John travelers. I prefer the Coral Bay area but Cruz Bay is probably more popular. Also consider the Bordeaux/Ajaz Mountain area. LauraT is correct, you run a small risk of hurricanes and there was a bad period this past November with exceedingly heavy rain.

St. John is a great hoeymoon destination. Some villas are located on unpaved roads and the drive to them can be an adventure in itself. To get you started here are a few rental agencies:

www.caribbeanvilla.com

www.bookitvi.com/featured.htm

http://windspree.com
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Tuffer76,
Check with your rental agent about construction going on around the island. I would avoid a Chocolate Hole villa and any in downtown Cruz Bay unless you want to listen to machinery during the day. There is a lot of developement happening. If you want quiet and privacy, tell your rental agent that! Most all villas are comparable. The higher the price the more amenities. If pool or hot tub are not a priority, you can have a beautiful house for very reasonable.
November weather can be uncertain, however, unless there is a tropical depression or hurricane coming through your weather will be fine. Consider travel insurance if you are concerned. Check with your rental agent or go to tripinsure.com. Consider "In the Stars" at Windspree. Nice house with hot tub quiet area and paved roads. Good luck.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 09:43 AM
bal

Check out cateredto.com They have a lot of nice villas for rent.Many different price ranges and good photos of the available properties.