Vacation recomendations needed for 3 guys

Sep 9th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Vacation recomendations needed for 3 guys

Hello everyone-
a group of buddies and i are looking to get away for a few days- ages 25-28, sometime in january or february. We are working professionals looking to sit on beach during the day with drinks in hand, preferably with people (ok, more like women) our age. Want some good meals at night, either at the hotel or close by, and options at night to get a few more cocktails with some fun people. Not looking for a "spring break" type place, but one where we can relax, recharge teh batteries, and have a good time.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM

i haven't even been but it sounds like negril, jamaica you are describing.
Sep 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM

Playa del Carmen, MX. It's just what you want. La Tortuga is a great hotel. You can find other hotel and condo options...Illusion, Playa Maya, Mosquito beach. La Tortuga seems to attract the 25-45 age group. There are beach clubs, dance clubs, bars, restaurants, lounges and everything is within walking distance. It's a great town. Negril is a fun option too, but not as uch to walk to.
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM

I second Playa Del Carmen. I went on a girl's trip there a couple summers ago and we had a blast. The rooftop bar at Hotel Deseo and the Blue Parrot were very happening, and to me it definitely was not a spring break vibe like Cancun. Depending where you are flying from, I'd consider South Beach Miami as well.
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:56 AM

Check out Nirvana on the Beach Negril. It is a small complex, private with lush landscaping on its own gorgeous section of a fabulous beach. In either direction you can walk to restaurants, entertainment (low key variety) and shopping (again, low key kiosk variety) and no high rises (a personal preference in my case). The great thing about this property is its privacy, its smallness and its authentic flavor as opposed to the A1 with their programmed activities and pampering and cookie cutter atmosphere. If you want activities they are close by (just ask the guard to arrange for your para sailing or whatever). This is laid back relaxation at its best. There are various choices for accommodations in the complex. The cottages would probably be best in your case or you could rent the upper and lower Veranca suites (our choice when we go because you can see the beach right from your cottage and walk right out your door to the beach. The outdoor showers are always pleasant. The tree frogs at night make wonderful music! Lonnie and Stanley do a brisk business and it is sometimes hard to find availability. The only time I would NOT suggest this place is during Spring Break unless you are the partying type and stay up at all hours. Unfortunately it seems you are going close to that time --at least if you go in February. late Feb. to late March, for sure would be a time I would not go.