Search

Vacation Early Summer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacation Early Summer

Hi,

My wife and I would like to vacation somewhere in the Carribean in mid May to early June 2005. We are looking for some suggestions on a relaxing romantic vacation. We would like to spend 8 to 10 days. We will be flying in from Tucson. We are very active and like all activities. We like good food and moderate nite life. Any suggestions on favorite locations and hotels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 04:11 PM
MIG

St John is wonderful if you are quite active: great snorkeling, hiking, swimming, and just exploring the island. No golf, however you could take the Ferry over to St Thomas and play there.

There are probably 6-8 excellent restaurants in Cruz Bay. Nightlife is limited to a few bars and maybe some live reggae. No big dance clubs, etc.

8-10 days might be too much - it's not a huge island. You could split your time between there and one of the British Virgin Islands, just next door.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 04:45 PM

I second the St.John idea, but I would think you would be fine for 8-10 days...we always wish we could be there longer when we go for 7. We will be going back for our fourth time and we are always finding new things to do....you can always do day trips to different islands, charter boats, go deep sea fishing or diving, snorkel, shop on st.john or st.thomas, etc. It is such a wonderful place! You won't believe the people you meet and how friendly everyone is!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 09:30 PM
KVR

We are also active on vacation. I just can't spend my entire vacation at the hotel.

Cancun/Playa del Carmen has several activities and sightseeing. We've been 4 times with a other trip planned in November. To date it's our favorite destination.

We are trying St. Thomas in May with a day trip to St. John and BVI. We like to go AI whenever possible, so we picked the Wyndham Sugar Bay.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Hey Vulcan!!! YOu threw me for a loop on your tahiti or caribbean post, so I looked up you up to see if I could find more info. So, you are leaning towards the caribbean? I saw you mentioned moderate nite life and that concerns me about the St. John suggestion. I lOVE St. John, but it is not very built up and other than a lounge at the hotel, you won't have much nightlife! St. John is in big part a national park and preservation has kept it from being developed. If you have 10 days I would suggest doing a two island trip with Air Jamaica possibly. For example, Negril, Jamaica and St. Lucia. I mentioned Negril because most think it is the best of the three tourist areas. You will have an awesome beach and some night life as well (Jake's and Margaritaville). St. Lucia is probably my favorite island in the caribbean for natural beauty and real caribbean culture. I hope this helps you! Post here if you have any more questions. I have been to most Carib. isles.