Reload this Page >

Best all-around destination?!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:53 AM
Jennifer

Alright, I've done a lot of reading on these message boards and I'm stuck, too many choices! Where should I go for my honeymoon!? These are our interests:<BR><BR>Snorkeling<BR>Great Beaches<BR>Friendly Locals<BR>Shopping (not priority)<BR>Great hiking trails<BR>Beautiful Scenery (prefer lush/hilly over flat/arid)<BR><BR>Our travel dates are very open! Oct.'03-Jan.'04. My budget is also very open (we will only be paying for food and activities). Tell me where you have been, or maybe even honeymooned at, that you think matches what I am looking for? <BR><BR>So, can you help me? Let me know where your favorite places are and why!<BR><BR>Thanks!!<BR>Jennifer

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:07 AM
IslandGirl

Hhi Jennifer, Conngrats! I can tell you of a lovely all inclusive resorts, with so much to do or NOT..lol..beautiful beach, friendly staff and people, and so on...try Couples Resort, Negril, Jamaica, I just got back about 3 weeks ago, and it was the perfect time to go, the resort was only 40 percent full, plenty of room on the beach etc etc. Most &quot; high seasons&quot; start a week or so before Xmas, and run until April...If you have any questions, feel free to email me back, and I can answer any questions

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:14 AM
islands

Jennifer, I would recommend St. John, USVI. It has everything on your list. While I agree with the other post that Negril Jamaica is a great place and it has long beautiful beaches I would still choose St. John. IMHO St. John has superb snorkeling, great beaches, not much shopping (though you can ferry over to St. Thomas to get your fill of that), St. John has fabulous hiking, beautiful lush, hilly scenery. Some people have said the locals aren't friendly but we've been twice and we found most to be very friendly with a few indifferent but no one was unpleasant in our experience.<BR><BR>Best of luck and congrats!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:25 AM
Jennifer

Thank you so much for your responses! St. John is one of the islands I was considering! I can't wait to hear everyone else's choices! <BR><BR>Thanks again,<BR>Jennifer

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:03 AM
Freddie

Your list describes St John perfectly.