Search

Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 06:52 AM
Eric

Vacation

I never took a vacation before. Can anybody help me find a new vacation spot for a first timer vacationer?

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 08:54 AM
K Noel

Where do you live (generally)? <BR>What is your budget? <BR>How much time to you have? <BR>What do you want to experience? (ie. peace and quiet, partying, nature, etc.) <BR>Give us some info and we'll have lots of ideas for you! <BR>

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 08:54 AM
K Noel

Where do you live (generally)? <BR>What is your budget? <BR>How much time to you have? <BR>What do you want to experience? (ie. peace and quiet, partying, nature, etc.) <BR>Give us some info and we'll have lots of ideas for you! <BR>

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 06:30 AM
Eric

I live in Philly, my budget is open, and I just want to do something new.

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 12:12 PM
Cheri

Have you tried a Windjammer cruise? They are tremendous. Lots of fun.

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 05:20 PM
lynne

<BR>How about Club Med....they have something for everyone!

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 06:30 AM
Eric

Thanks, any more suggestions?

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 07:33 AM
Lori

Eric, here are a few suggestions. <BR> <BR>1. USVI - St. Thomas... one of the best duty free shopping in the Carib. Major port for a lot of cruise ships. Nice beach, great restaurants for local cuisine and there is some nitelife. You can also take day trips over to beautiful St. John and spend a day on their beaches, i.e: Trunk Bay. You can also take the ferry over to the BVI (Tortola, the Baths @ Virgin Gorda - I think, etc.). The virgin islands are very nice and I like the fact that you can shuttel/ferry over to neighboring islands. Oh yes, there are golf courses. <BR> <BR>2. St. Martin... no golf courses but beaches are very nice. Terrific restaurants, nude beaches if your into that thing, and you can also take day excursion to Anguilla and St. Barts. <BR> <BR>3. Jamaica. Must do all-inclusive if going to Jamaica. We did Sandals Montego Bay and it was great... we had a beachfront suite. Once you do beachfront and watch the sunset every night while sipping on a cocktail... you'll want it always. Great golf in Jamaica... good food... very, very, aggressive vendors though and you'll have to be carefule about theft if going off the resort. However, Jamaica is beautiful. We went to Dunns River Falls in Ochos Rios (you walk up a 900 ft waterfalls) and that was the highlight of our trip. <BR> <BR>4. Cayman Islands... we are finally going to Grand Cayman this year for the first time - I can hardly wait. It is said to have the clearest water in all of the caribbean and some of the best beaches. We are staying directly on 7 mile beach in a condo. Cayman is know to be expensive for restaurants, but you can also find moderately prices restaurants as well - you just have to do some checking around. With a condo we can also buy our own groceries and make our own coffee and toast in the morning. That'll save us some money for our snorkelling and diving and fine dining. You must do Stingray City when in the Cayman Islands. There is a sandbar where you can snorkell and feed the Stingrays. Check out www.caymanislands.com, www.destination.ky, and www.where2stay.com <BR> <BR>Hope this helps! <BR> <BR>Lori

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 09:29 PM
Cameron

Eric, I can't add anything to what Lisa said, she was very thorough. I will suggest you check out our travel tips for the Caribbean at www.tropicalretreats.com as they apply to any Caribbean location. You can look at the pictures too while you're there. Only suggestion I have is do lot's of research before you go anywhere. If you elect the Cayman Islands feel free to e mail me for where you can get the best deals on lodging. Good Luck. Cameron

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 02:02 PM
Michelle

Bermuda! Even though technically it is not in the Caribbean. (It is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.) We recently spent our first real vacation there and fell in love with the country and the people. The water is gorgeous and the sand is pink. If you want to spend all your time relaxing on the beach you can or there are many things to see and do on land. It is a very short flight from the East coast (added bonus - more time to actually enjoy your vacation). I guarantee you would love it.

Old Jul 3rd, 1999, 03:37 AM
sue

ARUBA.....that is where you should go!!beleive me it is the best!!!!!....