Search

Restaurants in Nassau

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Jeanna

Restaurants in Nassau

Can anyone recommend a few good restaurants in nassau?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Linda

Grey Cliff Manor was excellent!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Doug

Johnn Canoe Cafe (next to the Nassau Beach Resort, Cable Beach)). The Poop Deck(several locations) and GrayCliff(very nice). Enjoy.....Doug

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:05 AM
scubagirl

There are SO many, depends on what you are looking for.<BR>On Paradise Island<BR>Dune or Courtyard Terrace at Ocean Club<BR>Blue Lagoon @ Club Land'or <BR>Anthony's Grill (TGIF's caribbean Style)<BR>Green Parrot at Hurricane Hole Marina(Casual)<BR>Nassau:<BR>Montegue Gardens - Superb Lakeside<BR>Poop Deck at Paradise Bridge (great seafood/bahamian)<BR>Pink Pearl Cafe<BR>Ichibans Steak and Sushi<BR>Cafe Matisse <BR>Green Shutters British Pub<BR>And lots more...<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Marietta

We (boyfriend & I) will be going to the Bahamas in August. How soon in advance will we need to make dinner reservations, say for Grey Cliff?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 04:13 PM
rich

Try Compass Point - you won't be disappointed! You may even see Sean Connery who frequents this establishment as he lives in nearby Lyford Cay.<BR>Bon Appetite

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:55 PM
tweedy

I would book at least a week in advance. When we went a year ago we were able to get in on the same day, but that was in October.<BR><BR>The meal and the service were suberb, and I dare you not to lick the bowl, after the lobster bisque, (ok just kidding, but I have never had better)<BR><BR>There is a lovely garden to wander and the building is part of Bahamian history and is beautifully restored.<BR><BR>The wine list is supposed to be one of the best not only in the carribean but in the world. I think we ordered a bottle that was $150 and it was wonderful. Figure dinner for 2 will cost $200-$300 depending on drinks and wine. Enjoy.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Marietta

Thanks Tweedy! We just found out our friends will be at the Bahamas when we are there. It's my friend's birthday and we want to take him somewhere fun for dinner. Any suggestions? (It will be the four of us; 2 couples in our early 30's...)

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:17 PM
tweedy

There are so many good places, so here are a few suggestions.<BR><BR>Sun and.... (expensive but excellent)<BR>Greycliff (ditto)<BR>Cafe Matisse (moderate, great food)<BR>Atlantis (lots of choices, fairly<BR> not cheap to expensive <BR> but great views)<BR>Poop Deck (moderate, great view of<BR> the harbour)<BR>Johnny Canoe (inexpensive, some nites<BR> they have a Junkanoo)<BR><BR>Have a great time.<BR><BR>tweedy