Reload this Page >

US Virgin Islands - and charter boats

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:17 AM
vickie

Can anyone recommend a charter sailboat company in St. Thomas that does "day sails" or "half-day sails" to some of the other islands? I've found a few on the internet but would like personal recommendations.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:09 AM
Larry

The Winifred in Red Hook is a great way to see and snorkel the beaches of St. John.<BR>Also, if you take the ferry to St. John, the Gypsy Spirit does great day sails. http://www.islands.vi/~winifred/<BR>http://www.vi-fun-n-sun.com/gypsy/index.html<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:00 AM
vickie

Larry- I'm so glad you mentioned the Winifred...I found them through an internet search yesterday and went ahead and booked it! So happy you confirmed my blind choice! Thanks

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:12 AM
Larry

Vickie-<BR>My wife and I sailed with Captain Sharon Allen three years in a row when we were in St. Thomas. My wife is not a very good swimmer, but with the help of "Winnie Wings", she jumped off the boat into 20 feet of water and had the best time. You will not regret your choice.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 08:21 AM
pete

Don't know if you're set on a sailboat instead of power, but we went on "Stormy Petrel" booked by the concierge at Gallows Point. It was a cabin cruiser power boat (about 40 feet long--I'm not good with boats), that had a bathroom on it. It was an all-day trip to the British Virgin Islands (check in for customs at Tortola, snorkeling at the Baths, lunch at Cooper Island, more snorkeling, then back to St. John). It was a lot of fun, the boat held about 10 people, plus the captain and mate (so it was very flexible on time, if we wanted to snorkel longer they let us). Lunch was included, and the boat had unlimited sodas, juice, beer, wine & alcohol. They also provided snorkeling gear if you needed it. The cost in 1999 was $100 per person, plus we tipped the crew. The company runs another boat with the same set up called Pirates Penny.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Cara

We just got back from USVI and did two boat charters. One was a sailboat on the Winnifred which was a wonderful and relaxing day sail with a stop for snorkeling and lunch on the boat at St.John. There was also a light breakfast served. Captain Sharon was really nice. She gave us a lot of suggestions on other things to do on the island which was really thoughtful and ended being great advice. We also did a powerboat charter with New Horizons II to BVI which was also very good but a different pace from the Winnifred. Breakfast was served on the boat but lunch was not included. There were 4 stops. We visited the Baths (excellect!), had a lunch stop which was preordered from the boat so it was ready when we arrived, and two snorkeling stops.<BR><BR>Both catered to smaller groups, had drinks included and were full day sails. They were both very enjoyable but if you want to see more, I would suggest a powerboat charter.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:52 PM
don

Check out &lt;www.Saltwhistlecharters.com&gt;. A 42ft sailboat moored at Red Hook doing full, half, and sunset charters.