Upgrading Rooms in USVI

Search

Upgrading Rooms in USVI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrading Rooms in USVI

How difficult is it to get a room upgrade once you arrive. People have told me that during the off-season it is easy to save money by booking a lower room category and then requesting an upgrade upon arrival. How much truth is there to this? If it is tru how difficult is it to do?

I would like to hear any experiences.

Thanks!
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 10:18 AM
caribtraveler

we tried to upgrade when we got to st. john and we were told the hotel was full. it didn't look full to us but what do we know.
we were there in june which is suppose to be low season.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

thanks CT.....

Do you mind me asking ahich resort it was?
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 10:31 AM
caribtraveler

not at all..we stayed at the westin.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 12:33 PM

has anyone ever tried requesting an upgrade via email? I was contemplating this but then I would think that the hotel/resort would think that you would want to upgrade but then pay for it? Any thoughts?
Thanks, Susan
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:03 PM
caribtraveler

Susan..you're talking about a free upgrade right? and are you taking about the Westin in St. John?
If so all I can tell you is that when we tried to upgrade..first by phone a few weeks before our trip..the person on the phone said i could upgrade via phone or in person only (but then i didn't specifically ask about e-mail). To upgrade via phone,we could only call 48 hours before our stay, no earlier. or we could request an upgrade when we arrived at the resort.
We called 2 weeks before our trip to see if any rooms were available and there were, but when we called 48 hours to actually upgrade, there weren't. (hmmm....the cynic in me thought).

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 03:51 AM

To Caribtraveler, I was actually talking about Caneel. I have booked a beachfront room and I was curious about perhaps upgrading (no extra charge of course) to the Premium rooms on Scotts beach. We are set to go in October so it will be during low season but I do realize its a time when many honeymooners go... So I was curious if it is possible to request an upgrade such as this at Caneel with any extra cost. Thanks, Susan