Reload this Page >

Turks & Caicos similar to Florida?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Linda

I recently asked a friend what she thought of T&C and she said it was nothing special and that you could find beaches in Florida that are just as good. I would welcome some feedback on that since I am contemplating a trip to T&C in December. I would be staying on Grace Bay. Thanks.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Nancy

Linda,<BR>Go ahead and plan your trip.<BR>The beaches on T&C - particularly Grace Bay - are known as some of the best in the world.<BR>I have been to many FL beaches, and while some are very nice, they aren't in the same class as Grace Bay.<BR>(This is only my opinion of course

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Howard

I live in Florida and am still looking for a beach that compares with Grace Bay or the beaches of Anguilla. Haven't found one yet. Not only are the Provo beaches great the colors of the water are fantastic. The beach at Grace bay is consistently rated #1 in the Caribbean by Caribbean Travel and Life and Conde Nast Traveler

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Beachopinion

While I love Florida, and many of there beaches, I can't seem to find one that really compares to Grace Bay in the Turks. It is a great beach. Please plan your trip for T&C. You won't be dissapointed in the beach. I found it somewhat slow. There isn't much shopping to be done, but if it is a nice beach, then you can't go wrong.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:08 AM
denette

Linda,<BR>I am lucky lady married to a native Floridian from the panhandle area-Destin-Cape San Blas area, and can tell you that even though I think the pandhandle has the most beautiful beaches in all of Florida, nothing, absolutely nothing compares to the clarity/color of water AND the beaches of T&C. I do not know where your friend has been in Florida, but she must know of a beach that no one else has ever seen, and we have traveled extensively from every corner of Florida from one end to the other and as much as I truly love our home and beaches in Florida they do not beat out the T&C.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Linda

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll be booking my trip at the end of the week. Can't wait!!