Turks&Caicos/February/Kids...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've got free tickets to Provo, now need a great place to stay for my husband & kids aged 3 & 11..
A one bedroom with some living space, a great pool, beautiful beach and nice staff are what we seek.
Anyone have any ideas or tips?
Thanks!
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 06:30 AM
rlt

We are leaving in about a week for Beaches in T & C. It's the best place for young kids. We are going with our 20 mth old. They have a kids club, plus a whole area just for kids, games, water slides, diner, swim up bar, etc. I can't wait to get there! Will post a report when I get back.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 08:52 AM
JMM

Check out The Sands - do a search on this board for people who have stayed there. (I have only checked out the place and eaten there but I do know they have one bedroom suites). It is a lovely property in a great location with an excellent beach and a great pool and I can vouch that the restaurant staff were very friendly.
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reco's on both Beaches & The Sands, and they both sound great, but are way out of our price range. Any tips on renting a villa? They are seem more reasonable and maybe we can visit the fun resorts for day trips?
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:04 PM
Original Poster

OK - here's an update - what about a villa on the southern part of Provo in the Taylor Bay/Silly Cay coastline? what are the beaches like there and do they at all compare to the northern coast?
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:59 AM
JMM

No other beaches on the island really compare to Grace Bay on the north shore BUT if you are renting a car (and I would recommend this if you are staying anywhere but the Grace Bay area), Grace Bay will only be a short drive away. Some of the south shore beaches are nice (Sapodilla Bay comes to mind. I do not think I have been to Taylor Bay but I believe it is near Sapodilla). I am not familar with Silly Cay. The wild beach at Long Bay is lovely for walking on and beach combing. Basically I think that as long as you rent a car, you would probably be quite happy staying on the south shore.