Trunk / Cinnamon Bay

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
gigi

Trunk / Cinnamon Bay

How far is it from Cinnamon Bay to Trunk Bay. Can you walk from one to the other. Also, How is the snorkeling at these sites?

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Chris

Just came back from a day trip to STJ and Trunk Bay. My 15 yr. old liked the snorkeling and the beach is gorgeous. However, we were there on a windy day and it was like a sand storm. The sand is very fine and sticks all over you. The water is the clearist I have ever seen. The snorkeling is a bit commercialized as it is an underground guided tour. Die hard snorkelers do not like it there at all.It can get crowded and they say the tourists have beaten up the coral reefs in spots so you may want to find a less popular place to snorkel. But it is great for kids or first timers. Very cheap to rent equipment($5 for fins,mask and snorkel & $25 dep.). I am glad we went because it is an awesome beach.We did not go to Cinnamon Bay but by the map it looks close but probably not within walking distance. We heard Hawksnest and Caneel Bay are very beautiful, too.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 11:43 PM
advice

Not that far. It all depends on your physical condition and whether or not you want to walk that far in humidity.
"That far" is about 4 1/2 min. by car.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 04:53 AM
gigi

Which has better snorkeling? Or is somewhere else better?

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 09:34 PM
susan

Hi,
We went in april with my two teen boys that have a 250 gallon saltwater fishtank so they really know all the different tropical fish. They were not impressed with trunk or cinnamon but did find a great spot on mayo to the right by the rocks which goes around a point. Hope this helps.
Susan

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:46 AM
pete

waterlemon cay is supposed to have the best snorkeling. But there is a current around the little island, and I forget which way you're supposed to swim around it (clockwise or counter-clockwise), so ask so that you're not going against the current. I snorkeled a little around there, but didn't go out to the island because I didn't have fins on (didn't want to get stuck in a current w/o fins to get out). Also, took a daytrip to the BVI's and found good snorkeling at the Baths on Virgin Gorda, and a couple of small bays off Norman Island (don't know their name, charter boat took us there). Didn't see much at Trunk or Cinnamon bay. Better snorkeling at Hawksnest, of the 3.