Reload this Page >

Anyone been to a "Viva" Resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:32 PM
Maureen

Won a trip and have the option of going to one of four "Viva" resorts. Would love any feedback you can give. Choices are:<BR>Dominican Republic: Viva Dominicus Beach, Viva Dominicus Palace<BR>Bahamas: Viva Fortuna Beach<BR>Playacar, Mexico: Viva Maya, Viva Azteca<BR>Puerta Vallarta: Viva Vallarta

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:31 PM
Monty

I have been to Viva Azteca and it was great. Very nice beach and an overall nice resort.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:30 AM
Maureen

The January 2002 issue of Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine has a feature on Bayahibe, Dominican Republic and lists the Viva Dominicus as one of the better properties. "Viva Dominicus Beach Resort among the thatch roof huts and beautiful landscaping. The 500 room resort offers windsurfing, kayaking, tennis and a fitness center". Mentions several restaurants on the property and for some international culture try French boules or take Spanish lessons... Take a day trip to Isle of Saona-organized by front desk. If you stay at the Palace Resort you can use both facilities, but at the Beach Resort you cannot go to the Palace. Therefore, staying at the Palace makes more sense. Go into Google and type out Debbie's Dominican Travel and get feedback from travelers and reviews. I read one of the posts and the guy stayed at the Palace and had a great time and said that the Palace is a little quieter so you have the option of staying there at night or walking over to the B.R.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:41 AM
Maureen

If you go into "Debbie's Dominican Travel"in Google--click on South Coast area on top under Destination Info and them scroll down on select hotel to Club Viva Dominicus Palace.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Maureen

Just wanted to say thanks very much for the info!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:01 AM
xxx

Have not heard very good things at all about Viva Fortuna. I'd do more research before considering this one.