Search

To EJCrowe

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To EJCrowe

Enjoyed reading your Vieques trip report. Brought back many memories. Next time you're just going to have to stay longer. If you do go back recommend Martineau Bay Car rental. Used them twice and the cars were in good shape and reliable. We also enjoyed Media Luna. Had drinks out on the balcony and it was cool seeing the caballeros gallop down the street in the evening. One good thing about Vieques is that most of the beaches are on old Navy property so no development.

AS I recall your next venture is Bequia and the Grenadines. We were in Bequia 15 years ago before they even had an sirport. Trip to hell and back. Only time I kept a daily diary. Would be happy to send it to you. We stayed at the Plantation House. Don't know if you have my e-mail address so you can send me your home address. Not sure if you can send private messages via Fodors. If you go to www.anguillaforum and log on you can send me a private message or if you talk to Marion off line she has my e-mail address. Off to Sivory about an hour out of Punta Cana 7-14 June for our anniversary. Can't wait. Will do a trip report as usual.
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Thank you very much, Howard. I'm sure I would enjoy reading your daily impressions of Bequia, even though it was a trip from hell for you.

We passed Martineau rental car on our way to the airport and I made a mental note of it for our next trip, because there will definitely be a next time--it's just a matter of saving up money and juggling a workload.

We didn't see many cabelleros, in fact only one and it was in Esperanza, but I did enjoy seeing all of the horses around the island. Apparently next month there is a Paso Fino show that I would love to see. I don't know if it's annual or not, but I would certainly consider planning my next trip to Vieques around it.

I don't have your email address, but I have our mutual friend's, so I'll go that route. Many thanks for your offer, and may you have a lovely trip!
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:54 AM

Howard, how did you find this Sivory, looks interesting. The pictures on their website look outstanding. Can't wait for your trip report. I've been avoiding Punta Cana since my daughter went there about 4 years ago and wasn't impressed. Might have just been where she stayed.
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Karin--I won an auction for Sivory on Luxurylink.com When you pull up the site click on auctions and then destination--Caribbean and you will find the Sivory package. Not ready to say what I paid but it was a steal. Like taking candy from a baby. It was a Dutch auction so make sure you know how it works before bidding. Sivory is about 6 months old and is actually about a 50 min drive out of Punta Cana, We went to PC about 8 years ago and stayed at Paradisus. Although I hate AI's is wasn't bad. Very large and touristy though. They can accomodate about 800 guests. Sivory looks small quiet and intimate. Trip report mid June I promise.
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:09 AM
iw

I just wanted to say a big thank you to HowardC, MarionCK and ejcrowe for posting such awesome reports and giving great travel advice for those of us who are not, well, as well traveled!!!!
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:55 AM
owa

Howard, I tried sending you an e-mail, but it came back to me. Would you e-mail me. Mine has changed. The first three letters are the same, but then it is @sio.midco.net. Thanks, Owa

Old May 30th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

OWA--Tried to e-mail you and it came back. Assume the first three letters are what you post by. Marion also tried to e-mail you and her e-mail came back too. Try [email protected] or you can go to the Anguillaforum.com log on and send me a private message
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:37 PM

I'm going to hijack HowardC's thread for a second.
Ejcrowe: I finally made one of the recipes from that book of yours: the thyme and lime chicken. It actually marinated all night. I'm about to put it in the oven now. Hope I did it right! I really want to try the chicken with peanut sauce but my husband and son can be difficult eaters sometimes so I'm not sure they'd like that one.

Old May 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM

caribtraveler, I hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds. I don't think we've tried that one yet, but we loved the one with the peanut sauce. We actually added more PB than the recipe calls for, and wished we had added more. The dish definitely tasted better as leftovers after the flavors had time to mingle longer.