Things to do on a rainy day in St John??

Sep 9th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Things to do on a rainy day in St John??

I know that you cannot trust the forecast for the Caribbean..but we are going to St John Sept.15-20th and the forecast for Thurs-Fri. is 60% chance of showers. Just in case its rains all day...can anyone recommend some places to go?Maybe some neat little bar to relax or something??Thanks in advance.
Sep 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Oops...that was a 60% chance of rain from Thurs-Sat. not Fri. thanks again.
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:09 PM

Hi christie! Hope you have a better time in STJ this time!

Rainy days can be ok in STJ. DH and I spent 10 days there last May with our share of rain. We did enjoy just relaxing at our villa, reading a book or renting a movie. As bars go, we'd pick Skinny Legs or Island Blues both in Coral Bay for just hanging out drinking on a rainy day. Also maybe the Quiet Mon Pub in Cruz Bau (above La Tapa)

In our experience the rain never lasted all day, so there was still time for beach & snorkling too. Trish
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Trish,
Thanks for the reassurance and the wish for a good trip.
Sep 11th, 2005, 08:47 PM

Christie: I never know what to make of the predictions myself. I think when they say 60% chance of showers, I don't think it will be all day, just that there is a 60% chance that you will get any rain at all on that day. St. John is so small, weather systems pass over it pretty quickly so showers are a matter of minutes to hours, not days. Many times when the rain was just light, I stayed in the water... unless there was lightening going on, of course. I like hitting Mongoose Junction when it rains, or the shops along the waterfront area in Cruz Bay. Or I walk around in the Starfish Market complex all of which will be near to you. Also, there is a tourism center next to the car ferry dock. It has a lot of info on St. John and the Virgin Islands.
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Mae..now I am a little worried about Opeilia and not the weather in St John.The satellite for St John looks better than the one for NC.I just hope that we get to go.
Sep 12th, 2005, 10:01 PM

Christie: I thought about you when I was watching the news tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Hopefully, Ophelia will do an equally unpredictable thing and just sputter out of existence.

Search this Thread