Things to do for January -Aruba

Dec 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Things to do for January -Aruba

Husband and I arew going mid-January to Aruba. Suggestions of things to see/do while there. We'll be there for a week. Thanks.
Dec 17th, 2007, 01:33 AM

We are also going last minute after Christmas for 8 nights. Would also like recos ourselves. thanks.
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:02 AM

Well, we went about 5years ago...can't believe it has already been that long! We were told to rent a jeep and drive around the island to Natural Bridge and snorkel at Baby Beach. We also thought of horseback riding. You can visit the light house too.
Well, we went to the beach and didn't go on any of the excursions above. The beach was great, the weather was great too! The water is very green-aqua color. At night we took cabs to different restaurants. The island has excellent dining and our favorite was El Gauchos. I think that is still a favorite to visitors.
aruba-bb.com is a bulletin board with lots of recent info on aruba. They will have the latest to do list!
Enjoy, eat well and gamble a little. Aruba was relaxing and fun.
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:49 AM
KVR

We did the following tours on our trip to Aruba last year:

Red Sail Sunset Dinner Cruise - Nice cruise, but the food wasn't that great. I would choose a different company.

Kukoo Kunken Bus - had a great evening. We went to 4 bars. Pace yourself. The included dinner was just nasty. Eat before you go.

De Palm Island - We spent the entire day. It's great if you want an AI beach day with good snorkeling and lesser crowds than Palm Beach. They have a 1/2 day also. Choose to go in the morning if you want the 1/2 day.

MiDushi Snorkel Tour - we went to 2 reefs and the Antilla ship wreck. We had alot of fun. Would look into going on the Tranquillo next trip.

De Palm Beach Express - We went to Baby Beach, Rodgers Beach and
Mangel Halto Mangroves Beach. It's a great tour if you don't want to rent and car and find these beaches yourself.

ABC Jeep Safari - We chose this tour because it went to the Natural Pool as well as the other tourist destinations: California Lighthouse, Shark's Mouth, Arikok National Park, Chapel Alto Vista, Gold Mine Ruins, Indian Caves, Natural Bridge, Boca Prins Dunes, Ostrich Farm and Baby Beach. It was a great overview of the Island. Wear water shoes for the Natural Pool.

Butterfly Farm - Was interesting and good for a one time visit.

Havana Tropical Dinner Show - Really fun show. The included dinner was better than expected. The best Mojitos I've had anywhere to date. Expensive though at $7.00

We loved Aruba and hopefully will do a return visit.
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Have a look at www.destinationcaribbean.net
They have loads of info about things to do/see in Aruba.
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Anyone traveling to Aruba should be forwarned about the dangers there. Just research the Natalee Holloway case. Rampant drugs, laced drinks, garbage everywhere, stray dogs, inept police. Watch yourself - especially on the last day - the day you are most likely to be hit. The police will be of no help.
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM

travelinforever: .
That post is way out of line.
Aruba, like any other country in the world has it's share of problems. We were there shortly before the Halloway girl disappeared. We had a carefee vacation and enjoyed ourselves. It is awful what happened to that girl, but that can happen almost anywhere in the world. I am sure it does more than you think.
I never saw a stray dog or had any run ins with bad guys.
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:46 PM
KVR

That was a "troll" post. Pay no attention.
Apr 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM

bm