Family oriented all inclusive resorts in Southern Caribbean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi we are looking forward to a trip mid February 2009 and want to get away to one of the islands in the southern Caribbean. Kids are 6-10 range. Any good suggestions.
We've heard Beaches Negril in Jamaica but we were looking for another island.
What about Almond Resort in ?St Lucia
Hope to hear of some recommendations
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 04:23 AM

barb4sons,

If you like the Beaches property the one on Turks and Caicos is very nice. We spent a week there about 5 years ago. Some speak negatively but if you have kids in the range yours are in there are many activities for them. St. Lucia is a lovely scenic island, tropical, but the beaches are just so so. I was never impressed with the beaches. I have heard great things about Aruba and there are some AI there. Aurba is somewhat americanized which may or may not be what you are seeking. You could also look into the Maya Riviera area in Mexico. There are tons of great AI that would cater to families.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM

My vote would be for Beaches in Turks Also....
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the insights.
We are really wanting to get to a southern Caribbean island.
Are Beaches resorts nice??? Are Almond Resorts nice???
What other all inclusives are there?
Where can one get info on the all inclusives on the islands? Are there web sites or a guide book?
WE do not want anything like Atlantis. Dominican Republic and Jamaica seem too commercial and there aresecurity issues we have heard.
How about some insights, please.
Thanks!
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 04:22 AM

I can suggest that you go to a travel agent and pick up some brochures. You could also go to applevacations.com and put in various destinations, and they will bring up various resorts with all the info pertaining to that resort, with pictures. So will expedia.com as well. There is also an Almonds resort on the island of Antigua. I have never been to one so I cannot say. Beaches is nice for families so I think. You can google beachesresorts and come up with all of there properties. I am sure others will chime in as well.If you find something you think is appealing you can go to www.tripadvisors and see current reviews. Good luck.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM

The Almond Resorts are fine, though the beaches are better on Barbados, so you may wish to investigate the Almond Resorts there. St Lucia is a very beautiful island, however. Amayrllis and Allamanda Resorts on Barbados (sister properties) also do AI and are on nice beaches. The Mango Bay Resort, also on Barbados is also AI and on a good beach. Coconut Bay Resort is a family oriented AI on St Lucia but lacking in the beach department though they do have lots of other activities to fill the gap.
Check out www.destinationcaribbean.net as they have loads of info on both destinations.