Search

The Sands Resort

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Sands Resort

Please tell me your impressions of the Sands Resort in Turks and Caicos. Is the beach area nice? Is it a good place for a couple to go for a get-away without kids? Is the restaurant good and is it in an area with easy access to other great restaurants? The price is right for us, so we'd like to go there...but if there are other suggestions, we're open to them.
thank you!
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM

<b><font color="maroon">We were at The Sands last year and are probably returning in May. We had a great time... it was me and my husband. There were families there, but we didn't feel overwhelmed by kids. The beach is wonderful.. very calm. not bad snorkling off shore either. The sands also has the restaurant Hemmingway's which is pretty good. We had a great time there and stayed in a one bedroom...it was a beautiful room.

If kids are an issue for you, I hear the RWI (Royal West Indies) is more adult than family and is very comparable to The Sands. Have fun... you wil love TCI!!</font></b>
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 07:15 PM

We were at The Sands last year in late June/early July and loved it there. Great beach, loved our suite - very clean, loved Hemmingways (their restaurant). I would classify it as a child-friendly resort, however, so if you are looking for a resort with no children, The Sands wouldn't be it.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 05:25 AM

We were at the Sands in May 2005. We did bring our children with us but May was still off season. There were children in addition to ours but the place was by no means overrun with them. The beach is beautiful. Nice palapa huts to sit under. Beautifully landscaped with Hemingways right there. You can also walk next door to the Sibonne and eat at Bay Bistro. We ate there twice during out week stay. Great food while watching the sun set. Things may have changed somewhat since we have been there but we had a wonderful vacation.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM

We went to the Sands in 2005 and loved it. Click on my screen name and you can scroll down in my posts and read my old trip report. I have info about the resort in it.