Villa Paradiso Nevis

Jan 31st, 2007, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Villa Paradiso Nevis

Does anyone know if these villas are still being rented? We have stayed there in the past. When I went to the site to email them it was returned. Thanks.
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM

The development was recently sold so they are no longer for rent.
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:48 AM

Ditto to what MIM said - Villa Paradiso is currently closed.
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:47 PM

Hate to disagree, but you can still rent Paradiso #5 with one company, Caribbeanway. We are going this spring. The others have just been sold and they will be back soon. Our friends went last summer, and they said you could not ask for more!
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:20 PM

Eye_land_Hopper - You better check on your reservations. A good friend was on-island last week and told me the major talk around the island among the locals was how VP was closed down and no one knew of any plans for re-opening. By the way, I got the same info from several diffeent 9and reliable) sources.

My friend, who is an ex-pat living on the island, pointed out it's height of the season and the place was locked up tighter than a drum.
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:44 PM

Eye-land-hop. - As A Trave. suggests I would have them check directly with someone on Nevis. The property itself is closed, I am not saying you did not rent it etc. But the other homes are closed and the property itself has been closed up. I would have them check with their contacts on Nevis about the exact status. There are no plans for re-opening anytime soon, so just be prepared that even though your rental might be OK the complex is closed. Best of luck
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:25 PM

I got the same information when I was there in December. Such a shame - the resort looked beautiful. It probably wasn't marketed property.

Jan 31st, 2007, 04:27 PM

Thanks to all of you for your concern, but I just spoke to my person at the company we are going with (and have gone with now twice), and they just spoke to the owner. The other villas are not open for rent, and there are a few things like the "hobie cats" (?) that are not available, but #5 is fine. And since we are looking at being close to the Four Seasons with access to its amenities without paying for the Four Seasons name, it is perfect for us! I will let you know all about it when we return, as I mentioned, our friends had a wonderful time!
Feb 1st, 2007, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. What a shame, we loved it when we were there. The convenience of the beach, the private pool and the beach bar employees and housekeepers were wonderful. Eye Land Hopper, please let us know how your trip goes. Anyone know if there is something similar, we just loved Nevis and I don't recall seeing anything like VP while we were there.
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM

flit - right now the closest thing luxury-wise are new homes being built at Cliffdwellers. See a home called Seascape on Where to stay. Also, there is a new project on the beach once its built it will be the most upscale place on the island and I know some of the owners will rent.
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

MIM04, thanks for the info. What type of new project, hotel, villas, home?? It is right on the beach? Do you know when it is to be completed? I looked at Seascape, Is there any beach at all or is it all a cliff? Thanks again for your info.
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM

Its on a cliff, there is a beach below and a small one on the otherside of Cliffdwellers. The other projects, well there are a couple, but it will be a while before compete. Others will be on the beach. Depending on when you are planning to travel - within the next year, no, but after that there should be more to chose from. Seascape is spectacular. The view of the water from the house is just amazing!
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks I will check on their availability.
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
pangs

Hurricane Cove have wonderful cottages on a hill overlooking Oualie Beach. You might want to check them out too.

Feb 1st, 2007, 07:53 PM

Pangs - hurricane is OK, but nothing compared to the others. They are not really upscale at all The other places discussed are 5 star luxury.