The Regent Palms or Amanyara

May 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

The Regent Palms or Amanyara

We are going in June (need to decide soon) and are taking two kids ages 8 and 3. We are major beach people and foodies. Which do you recommend?
May 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM

I haven't been to either (great help I am!) but i did research these places, and my choice would be regent palms, only because i wouldn't want to be as secluded as Amanyara seems to be. Same reason why I probably wouldn't go to Parrot Cay.

Amanyara seems amazing, and very exclusive (with a pricetag to match) and sounds like a wonderful place, but i would think, again not having been to either, that perhaps Regent Palms might be the better choice with kids?
May 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Neither Amanyara nor Parrot Cay is appropriate for children under 14. Go with the Regent Palms.
May 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM

We are going in June and staying at Somerset with a toddler. I agree that neither Parrot Cay or Aman are good for little kids. We tried to decide between Somerset and Point Grace but Point Grace was not really kids friendly so decided on Somerset. Plus the benefit of having a kitchen!

GL have a greats trip!
May 29th, 2008, 09:40 AM

amanyara is a 45min-1hour drive, on an unlit dirt (read bumpy/and in one small section requires the vehicle height of a 4wheel drive) from EVERYthing else on provo. the location is stunning, and has a nice beach with good snorkeling. however if you want to try some of the fabulous restaurants or your kids want to do any activities you will want to be at the palms.
kids will like eating at tiki hut.
you might enjoy: anacoana, grace's cottage, aqua bar, bella luna, coyaba, magnolia, and the palms restaurant parallel 23 was not there on my last visit but is supposed to be good. and if you enjoy conch a trip out the blue hills road to da conch shack is a must.