Provo family vacation

Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Provo family vacation

Looking for some advice-- I'm booking a last minute vacation, really like Provo. We have two adults, one 6 year old. Can someone suggest a nice hotel/resort and answer a few questions? I've considered Royal West Indies and Regent Palms. Both are within our price range- with Regent Palms being in the upper end. We want beachfront, Grace Bay. Kids activities are nice to have, particularly supervised, so we can get a little break! I expect we'll eat out quite a bit and have read that meals are expensive, so we'll also eat in when possible. Hoping to have a nice balance of relaxation, beach fun and some island activities...like boating, fishing, touring. Pretty low key is good. Although, my daughter does like seeing people, other kids...likes some degree of energy on a vacation. So, given this info- I'd appreciate any hotel reccs, restaurant ideas and activities Thanks so much!
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:04 AM

Regent Palms and RWI are not in the same league, so if you can have Palms in your budget, I would choose Palms. RWI is a mid-range, more romantic place, I find the Palms to be upscale family freindly.

I personally like Palms beachfront better, water always seems clearer and less seaweed. (of course same beach, but different breaks in the coral reefs, both beachfronts are gorgeous, just give an edge to Palms)

Palms has kids activities, and there will be other kids to meet and play.

Caicos Dream tours would make an awesome excursion, when my daughter was 6, she loved it.

Even the upscale restaurants are great for the kids. Tiki Hut (WED) is great for 6 year olds, as is Hemingways(Thu). Friday nights next door at O'Soleil sit at the patio for dinner, the live music will keep everybody happy. All 3 approved by my now 8 year old, and my grown up husband.

Coco Bistro is excellent, it is upscale. Mango Reef at RWI is very family frendly.

www.WhereWhenHow.com

You can pick up a copy for free all over the island. You can also request a copy before your trip to help plan!
Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks- this is very helpful. There are so many choices of great hotels, I'm now checking out the Seven Stars. The children's program is appealing and it looks beautiful. It's a tough call, do we spend the money, and go higher end, or stay in a nice but maybe more less impressive place.
Mar 4th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I ended up booking Seven Stars. It looks like they have kids activities, spacious rooms, and being close to shopping and food was key. We're not renting a car. Also, a heated pool...might be nice. We are so excited! I looked up the Caicos Dream Tour...great suggestion. What an amazing day that would be. If anyone else has any thoughts on activities,or restaurants, I would love to hear them.
Mar 5th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Regent palms is a dream. If you click on my name, you will find a trip report i wrote last feb for regent palms. Our one bed room suite was absolute perfection, and it had a full kitchen with high end appliances. RP has a kids club and is really family friendly yet still sophisticated and upscale.
Mar 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM

sorry- just noticed you already chose elsewhere!

Search this Thread