Reload this Page >

The Island-Bashing thread

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Sween

I have read some posts that were all about this in the past. It is entertaining reading others argue over what they feel is the best island. I feel that it deserves its own thread. List your bad experiences, tell us which islands YOU think are the worst and why. We may not learn much, but it will be entertaining...<BR><BR>I'll start... Jamaica is the worst island I have been to, I would not return...

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:57 AM
think-first

Sween,<BR><BR>Although I think it's a dumb idea, I imagine you'll get a lot of response.<BR>But at least you could have followed your own instructions, to wit:<BR>"...islands YOU think are the worst and why." Key phrase here: And Why.<BR>So what's the first post? Yours, with an island and no 'why' associated with it.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:00 AM
wendy

Margarita Island!!!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:13 AM
xxx

It would have to be Long Beach Island, off the cosat of New Jersey. It's just murder trying to find a place to park. And those beach badges they make you buy!!!!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Identity Hidden

Long Beach Island has to be one of the most overrated places on earth. I went there expecting quaint beach towns and great restaurants and got nothing of the sort. Drove from one end (the lighthouse) to the other and back and just kept going, never to return. The ideal place for people who don't get out much.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Mario

I think Rhode Island is a trashpit.<BR>The weather is bad and there are too few swimming pools.<BR>It suffers from Napoleon complex due to its small size.<BR>It has New York-envy.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Bob

Gilligan's Island is to be avoided at all costs.<BR>The weather is great but it's really boring and the food is pretty limited.<BR>The people that are there tend to be either really rich and snobby, or super nerdy, or too good for us average joe types, like they're Hollywood royalty or something.<BR>But on the other hand, there are no phones, no lights or motor cars, so it has a very 'get away from it all' feel.<BR>I say it's primitive as can be.<BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Anon.

Bob: You're right, they don't have motor cars but when I was on Gilligan's Island they did had cars. Only they were made of bamboo and straw and you had to pedal them with your feet. Kind of like the Flinstones. Lots of fun though.<BR><BR>Actually I thought the food was great, considering the limited energy resources. The banana and coconut cream pies are to die for!!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:44 AM
xxx

Wow!!! Has anyone else been to the Island of Dr. Moreau? What a pit. I mean the locals were really animals. All over you from the moment you get there. Believe me, I'll never go back.<BR>And another thing....aw, I can't finish this right now, I'm shedding something awful and I've got to vacuum.<BR>Funny, I never has this problem before I went to that crummy island.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:05 AM
xxx

I didn't care for Gilligan's Island much either. It reminded me too much of California. Not to mention, the Skipper kept hitting on me and Gillgan himself kept hitting on my boyfriend.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:10 AM
ScoobyDobbieDo

I didn't care too much for Spooky Island. Too much like a theme park and not enough scooby snacks.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:10 PM
aol

I spent a long weekend on Monkey Island earlier this year. No cars there either. Great bar, but a lot of unsavory looking guys always hanging around there.<BR>I suppose one day I might<BR>Return to Monkey Island<BR>but I'll make sure I have a lot of Immodium, cause after I left I suffered<BR>The Revenge of Monkey Island<BR>for about a week. Couldn't leave the house. Heck, for a day or two, I couldn't leave the john.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:11 PM
ouchie

Nutsack island blows. The wait staff was extremely rude. There was a hair in my soup and to top it all off, they allowed swinging and topless beaches. I thought I spotted a sasquatch but it was just an ungroomed nutsack.. I will never go back to that uncivilized resort. Avoid.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:11 PM
x

HA HA HA That's a good one! Thanks for the laugh!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 03:32 PM
jailbird

Rikers Island,lousy rooms,rude room service and uninvited guests named tyrone and Bubba

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:44 AM
Blair

Fantasy Island was a total ripoff. There was no rich Corinthian leather anywhere and this damn midget kept following me around.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:52 AM
careful

Blair,<BR><BR>I agree. I hated it there. That midget was always around sticking his nose into everybody's business.<BR>And how about that incredibly irritating ex-NBA player? The big tall guy? He was always sticking his business in everybody's nose.<BR>Bad place.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 11:52 AM
Buddy

Aruba is the most overated island in the Caribbean. It is so Americanized and costs so much. Timeshare hackers everywhere.