Search

The best beaches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 04:27 AM
xyz

The best beaches

I remember there was a post listening the best beaches in Caribbean but I can't find it. Trying to plan our vacation and I would like to use some suggestion. I did a search here but nothing happened. Anyone please

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 05:13 AM
Kim

Negril Jamaica has one of the great beaches.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 07:01 AM
gail

Try the T&C's or some of the out islands in the Bahamas for amazing beaches, like Eleuthera or Harbour Island. <BR> <BR>Have a great time.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 07:39 AM
bob

Trunk bay, st. john

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Chas

Before this thread goes too far, wouldn't it be helpful to say why a beach is the best beach? Some importnant factors to people may be: <BR> * Light surf/heavy surf <BR> * Calm winds/strong breezes <BR> * Shade from trees <BR> * Isolated <BR> * Fine as opposed to course sand <BR> * Water sports available <BR> * Restrooms/change facilities <BR> * Restaurants <BR> * Chairs and umbrellas provided

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 08:32 AM
anonymous

Snorkling??? Long, lonely and wide? Short coves/bays okay with lots of tropics/shade around?

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Paul

Grandes Salines and Gouverneur beaches on St. Barth have unspoiled beauty, beautiful surrounding lands - not a building in sight, just nature. <BR>La Caravelle beach in Guadeloupe is beautiful for its golden sand and abundance of royal coconut palms - to me the epitome of a Caribbean beach.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 05:13 PM
BRN

Paul - Most really great beaches do not have watersports, restrooms and restaurants. You may as well stay in the US for that. I thought we were talking best beaches in the Caribbean!!

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Rich F

The difference between a great beach and a spectacular beach is the water! <BR> <BR>Things like shade, isolation, backdrop, hotels, watersports, snorkeling, bars, restaurants and peddlers may help you decide between two of you favorites. <BR> <BR>However, the most spectacular beaches all have the follwing attibutes: <BR>a. crystal clear water <BR>b. beautiful color - blue or turquoise <BR>c. very calm surf -a pool-like quality <BR>d. gental sloping sand into the water <BR>e. No or few dark spots in the water - things like weeds, rocks, reefs, etc <BR> <BR>Having said that my favorites are: <BR>7 mile beach - Negril, Ja <BR>7 mile Beach - Grand Cayman, <BR>Shoal Bay -Anguilla, <BR>Trunk Bay - St. Johns, <BR>Megans Bay - St. Thomas, <BR>Palm Beach -Aruba

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Mandi

TRUNK BAY, ST. JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Eddy

<BR> <BR>Eagle Beach Aruba is cerntainly one of the nicest beaches in the Caribbean. The beaches in Anguilla are also supurb.