T &C--Ocean Club vs. Ocean Club West

Jan 4th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

T &C--Ocean Club vs. Ocean Club West

Hi everyone, am way behind on booking spring vacation for me, my husband and 7-year old. Was despairing of not finding a kids club on T&C (we are especially fond of movie nights for kids) and I just found Ocean Club; they have some good deals on their website, so I have two questions (for now!); any opinions on OC vs. OCW? Also, one of their deals includes all meals--from all your posts on T&C it sounds like there are a nice of variety of restaurants so looking for opinions on restricting eating to Ocean Club.

Thanks in advance!

Mary in D.C.
Jan 4th, 2007, 10:21 AM

Hi, The kids club is located at OC, so it would be easier for you to stay there. The beach is beautiful and there are 2 pools. There are also 2 restaurants at OC, and only one at OCW. It is very kid friendly. I would not limit yourselves to eating only at OC, maybe a partial meal option plan would be best. There are many good restauants on T&C and you should try some while you're there. Most units have full kitchens and the IGA is well stocked, if you should wish to eat breakfast and some lunches in your suite. Who wants to cook dinner while on vacation? Not me... Have a great trip!
Jan 4th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

progirl--thanks so much; appreciate your help on the food end--totally agree about dinner

thanks again,

Mary
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

I realized I should be asking about construction and if there is an advantage to what resort/room over another? I am going to book directly with the resort so I can make requests (as opposed to going through a consolidator).

thanks!

Mary
Jan 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Mary, I think that we are going to stay at Ocean Club (east) and was wondering if you have a contact phone #. I read alot of reviews at Trip Advisor and it just seemed like the east side is a better fit for us. Also sounded like most of the construction next door is over...
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

The phone number from the web site is
1-800-457-8787. I sent them an e-mail last night and I'll let you know what they say. As you saw, the Trip Advisor reviews were great.

Mary
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:21 AM

Do you have the web address for Ocean Club? I keep being sent to a wierd page! Thanks!
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:34 AM

Marymarra
I would get the partial food plan if they have it. Provo has some great restaurants. Hemmingways , Iguanas, Bay Bistro, to name a few that have kids menus
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Hi, The website is oceanclubresorts.com. The construction next to OC is done, I was there in Nov. On the other side is Club Med and I never hear anything from them. The main buildings are further down the beach, it is a huge property. The buildings at OC run by letter, A&B being beachfront and so on away from the beach. But everything is steps away. My favorite ones are E&F, between the pools and far enough from Cabana Bar not to hear any noise. Don't worry, Cabana doesn't stay open late-I think 9PM is the latest- so you won't be bothered trying to sleep. Hope this helps.
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Hi, I have actually been using the address www.ocean-club.com and just got a very nice and helpful e-mail response from using the form at that website.

We are definitely going to book there, I just had a few more questions.

Thanks for the help!

Mary
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

the URL provogirl gave you and mine get you to the same place.

appreicate the restaurant tips, too!

Mary
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM

I just booked my trip thru Expedia. Saved a couple hundred dollars by going thru them. (I priced it out both ways). I called Ocean Club and they were very nice and set me up with free airport transfers and she requested a couple things for us in terms of the room - location, etc. I am already happy with the decision since they were so nice and it is snowing here!!
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Saltysmom--great; did you get the transfers after you booked with Expedia? Wasn't sure if they would do that if they didn't book with them.
thanks!

Mary
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Hi Mary,
Yes, I had already booked with Expedia and she said that we would still get the complimentary transfers. The only thing we're not eligible for is the "meal deal" that they offer that comes with a few other perks - but not sure it's even worth it since it isn't free and adds quite a bit to the room rate. I'd rather just get the suite with a kitchen and buy stuff for breakfast & lunch and go out for dinner!! Have you decided on Ocean Club and when are you planning to go?
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Hi, that is great to know; we are going to do Ocean Club and am just doing the math now between booking it myself or through Expedia or Travelocity. We are going the third week in March.

thanks again!

Mary
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:32 AM

We are going that same week - arriving March 24! Here's my email. It might be fun to say hello! [email protected]
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

that's great Salytsmom; I'll drop you a note.
For other's information, I booked directly with the resort (couldn't have been nicer on the phone, they are based in Delaware and the rep is a senior at the University of Delaware) since it was a little cheaper than both Expedia and Travelocity, but, of course, that is well worth checking, because on trips in the past it has gone the other day.

Thanks again for all the help.
Mary