Search

T&C Car Rental

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2004, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C Car Rental

Good morning! We are planning our trip to T&C & will most likely be staying at the Ocean Club West...we will have 2 little ones with us...do we need to rent a vehicle? Are there sights away from the general area that are just must sees? We're kind of on the fence about it as we like to be free to explore, but wondered if it was necessary...your thoughts please! BK
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 03:19 AM

Not sure you 'need' to rent a car. There isn't a lot of sights to see besides the beach. I guess the conch farm and Sapodilla Bay would be nice to see.

We didn't rent a car the first time we were there, walking to most of the restaurants. We're planning to return in May and will probably rent a car for a couple of days to see the island and just walk from then on.

The walking will be more difficult with two little ones, so that is a consideration.

But there is a shuttle between OCW and OC and that would extend the number of restaurants you could walk to. I've also heard that OC has inexpensive shuttle service to area restaurants.

So I guess my recommendation would be to get a car for a couple of days to see the island and the sites, and then use the shuttle service from the resort or taxis for the rest.

Have a great time, its a lovely island.

Ken
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:58 AM
cdt

I agree - maybe rent for half of your stay. We rented for 5 days out of 8 and it was plenty (we were at OCW).

My policy is to rent during the first part of our vacation. That way we can stock up on groceries and explore the island, and if we find someplace special, we can always return via taxi after the rental is done.

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:47 PM
TG

I would suggest renting a vehicle for a couple of days. It pays for itself just for trips to the IGA. OCW is within easy walking distance to the restaurants at Ports of Call.
Just remember the road conditions on Provo like many islands are poor, especially after a downpour as standing water can conceal hugh potholes.
Take care and enjoy Provo.