Search

T&C Beach Excursions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C Beach Excursions

We will be in Turks and Caicos the first week in May and would like to schedule a full or half day beach excursion. We are staying at Grace Bay. We are thinking snorkeling, exploring/hiking, beach BBQ, etc. Any suggestions on which beach(s) to visit? Which Boat charters to use? This is our first visit so anything you can suggestion (whether beach excursion or something else we should do) would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:15 AM
KVR

We went to Middle Caicos with Silver Deep. They took us to a cave/caverns, snorkeling at a nice beach and in open water and then another beach for shelling.

Also did a full day snorkel tour with Sail Provo.

Our best excursion was the 2 hour guided jet ski tour. They took us to a beach that the water was so clear and the sand so white it looked like snow from a distance.

Check out www.wherewhenhow.com for great info regarding T & C.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:17 AM

You must do a Snorkel excursion when in the Turks and Caicos. The colors of the water are amazing, and that what its all about. The full day offers a beach BBQ,snorkeling at a few reefs and Iguana Island to check out the Iguanas. The half day you usually go snorkeling at a couple spots and dive for conch, stop at a desserted beach, the captian of the boat prepares fresh conch salad for a snack. Most all excursion companies do the same thing. I enjoyed our time with Caicos Dream Tours.
www.caicosdreamtours.com
We also enjoyed sunset cruise with Sail Provo www.sailprovo.com
Big Blue has a kayak tour through the mangroves www.bigblue.tc I haven't tried it yet, but have heard great reviews.
There is also snuba down by the Bight Reef www.snubaturksandcaicos.com and in the same area you can rent seascooters for a reasonable price the phone # 243-4481
Hope this helps
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 06:06 AM

good morning susan, grace bay beach is 12 miles long. all of it is spectacular and you can walk unimpeeded from one end to the other. the grace bay club is one resort on grace bay beach. not sure if this is what you meant, but it is a very nice resort.
another good walking beach is long bay beach. hard to find your way onto it but nice to walk.
if you can get access to the area south of malcolm road beach there is some good hiking, but aman resorts have for some reason been allowed to pretty much close off the area to all but their guests. (as in public road now gated so you can't pass through)
there are numerous excursions to the small cays for shelling or just hanging out. i believe some of the companies will drop you on a cay with lunch and come back for you at an appointed time. also the excursions to middle caicos are really fun. middle caicos has a wooden trail across the island (so you don't damage the flora), and they will take you to "the caves" to explore.

provo does not have much for hiking. you used to be able to go to the west end of the island to malcolm road beach and hike south into the princess alexandria reserve. however, an annoying aman resort thinks it has the right to shut out all but their guests to this part of the island so i don't know how you could get into the area without swimming around some of amanyara's property
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM

I would recommend, HIGHLY J&B's Middle Caicos tour. It is an all day tour.

We were pleased from the phone call to book (wonderful desk staff) to the time Captain Kevin picked us up...only to be even more delighted with Ernst Forbes tour of the caves, and trip to the beach to have our lunch. Lunch was very good, and the beach was stunning. We then were taken (per my private request) to the home of one of the island ladies, where I purchased a couple baskets she had done (better she gets the full $$$ than some consignment amount that would have been quite a bit less). That part of the trip was a heart warmer for me...I thank Ernst so much for taking me there, and driving me around the island (others played longer on the beach, I got to meet some lovely people), then back into the boat, for a snorkel stop on the way back. We were asked if we wanted another stop, but we were all pretty pooped, and declined.

Some photos of our trip are below.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...cow2006200.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...on/TCI2001.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...bluelagoon.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...cow2006204.jpg
beach at Mudjin Harbor Middle Caicos

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...cow2006177.jpg
Captain Kevin showing us the sites from the boat (7 people on our boat)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...aicoscaves.jpg
The cave on Middle Caicos

We head back to this island in 9 days, and we will be booking more time with J&B.

It was a wonderful trip.