T&C - Alexandra resort and spa

Jun 1st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

T&C - Alexandra resort and spa

Has anyone stayed at this resort. My in laws have a timeshare and we were considering booking this resort for feb 2005 as a family. Any opinions would be appreciated. thanks
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Any opinions would be appreciated. Is there a lot of construction around the hotel?
Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:21 AM

We stayed in a one bedroom unit for two weeks in Sept., 2003. We loved it. The ocean water was warm and clear. The sun set right in front of our balcony every night. Snorkeling was a short walk down the beach. How many in your family. They also have two bedroom units. What else would you like to know about Provo or Alexandra?
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ShirleyK for the information, There will be four of us plus the baby. Are there any activities other than beach/snorkelling etc. My mother in law is not a big water person. Any sightseeing? I gather that the island is scrubby/dry. Is it run down? Also did you notice any construction around the hotel. There have been several posts that talk about construction all over the island.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM

There was some construction going on near the Alexandria when we were there a couple of weeks ago. But that may well be completed -- or at least the exterior part might be -- by Feb. 2005.

The beach and water are amazing on Provo. Beyond beautiful. Other than that, I don't think you would have a lot of site-seeing opportunities. The times we've gone we've really just stayed on the beach and done snorkel trips. There's not a lot of shopping to be done either, so if relaxing on a beautiful beach and playing in turquoise water is not the main focus of your trip, you might want to consider a different island.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:19 PM

I would say there is no sightseeing on Provo. There was a turtle farm and a bowling alley. No shopping either. There is construction everywhere. For every property already built, there is at least one or two new properties going up. The main highway was under construction when we there, maybe it is done by now, but things go slow there, so I doubt it is finished. That being said, Grace Bay is unbelieveably beatiful, with warm, clear, calm water. Sounds like you would need a two bedroom unit. It has a large balcony overlooking Grace Bay.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM

We love Provo, and agree that Grace Bay is beyond spectacular. Sand is like flour, and the water is gin-clear. At one point you can walk in and snorkel on the reef right off the beach. That said, if you are not really a water person, there's not a lot to do. Many other islands have a lot more sightseeing and shopping.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your informative responses.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:14 PM

Were in Provo end of April. Yes there is a lot of construction in the area of Alexandra. Right next door they are building the Palms which should be completed by Feb, Next to that is Somerset which probably won't be and behind Alexandra they are building quite a few one story condo type buildings. Not sure if it is a part of Alexandra or not. Not a lot of sightseeing on Provo except the other resorts. Most of the activity revolves around the water. Not a lot of night life. Nothing run down. Lot of the shopping plazas are new. Very good restaurants on the island
Jun 14th, 2004, 09:03 PM

I stayed at the Alexandra near the end of May. There is construction going on next door and I never heard it. The rooms are nice, the food is good at the Orchid Bar, the pool is nice and the location is in walking distance of several places. However, it is a 20 minute walk if you need a bottle of water, toothpaste, etc. They are little to no help in giving you information on things to do and setting them up. It depends on what you want. I took a two hour taxi tour which included a trip to the conch farm. I thought the tour was very interesting and worth the money. It was with Sonny's Taxi Service and his Uncle Hilton was my driver.