Surprise for a 40th B-day

Old Nov 19th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprise for a 40th B-day

Hello Travelers,

I need some help thinking through a surprise 40th B-day trip for my husband. I want something luxurious but not too over the top for 4 to 6 days at a cost of 4,000 or less. My budget knocks out some places like Little Dix.

I'm hoping I guess for luxury that will not kill me price wise. Considering the Caves (Negril) and the like.

Would love suggestions, thoughts. We have never done all inclusive before but for 4 to 6 days, I thought it might be an option. We enjoy good food/wine/drinks and love great beach/water. We stayed at Ti Kaye in St. Lucia and really enjoyed it as well as different points on the Mexican Riviera (great beaches).

Oh, and the big day is in May.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Lauri
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Maybe you can think about Jungle Bay Resort & Spa in Dominica? www.JungleBayDominica.com They will give you all-inclusive rates and help you to plan your entire stay, including the party. Jungle Bay recently won awards from Conde Nast Traveller and Forbes Magazine, so it comes well recommended. More info on the Nature Island - Dominica at www.DiscoverDominica.com
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Laurig,
Would you be open to renting a villa? There are plenty of beautiful villas out there in that price range in off season. Check out villascaribe or caribbeanway. We usually go that route. We just stayed at Andante by the Sea in St. John which was really nice.

Another option, and I'm eyeing this up for our next Caribbean trip, is Cape Santa Maria Resort on Long Island in the Bahamas. Although I'm not sure how luxurious it is, the beach and water say it all, and they do have private upscale villas that are part of the resort. It looks amazing. Check out the candid traveler photos on trip advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...s_Bahamas.html

Is there a particular type of island you're looking for for this trip? St. Lucia is very different in terrain from many of the other Caribbean islands. Any activities in particular you're looking to do?
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM

kellybeaches, one of my best friends and her sister are headed to cape santa maria in nov. i have already told her i will need a trip report. she's not a fodorite but i'll cut and paste from her email.

laurig, i assume you found this page: http://www.littledixbay.com/packages.cfm/ID/71/gIDd/628
- it indicates a garden room at ldb in may for 3600 and includes 2 nights dinners. or perhaps i misread your post and 4000 is for air & whole trip.

have you looked at caneel bay on st. john? another rosewood properety and very similiar. also in your price range for may 08.

grace bay club on provo (turks & caiccs) is a lovely resort and for may should be in your budget. stunning beach, very low key island, main activities are diving & snorkeling. provo has outstanding restaurants.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM

Virginia, yes, please post their trip report-and pictures! I'd love to hear all about their experience at Cape Santa Maria!