summer weather

Jun 20th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

summer weather

What is the weather like in Antigua in July. I am going there July 1. Whenever I look at the 10 day outlook on weather.com it always shows rain. With the weather we are having in New York I dont think I can handle rain on my honeymoon.
Jun 20th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:22 AM

Don't view typical weather reports for the islands the same way you would US reports.
The various islands will often get a daily shower lasting only a few minutes. Some of the weather services will report that daily rainfall is expected (because, technically it is).
The reports you should be concerned about are the ones which show large tropical rain systems (huge circular cloud masses) which can take days to drift across an island.
July is hurricane season.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:05 AM

September is prime time for hurricanes. We honeymooned in Antigua the first week in October, and when checking the 10 day forcast before leaving for the island, it was forecasting rain the entire time. We had a shower one night and a downpour another night. The rest of the time, the weather was great. Don't worry, go and enjoy. I know you will!