Reload this Page >

suggestions for resort for couple

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Wendy

My boyfriend and I want to do a five day trip to the Caribbean in February. I would like a really nice resort -- maybe all inclusive -- first big trip together. He would not want a very American place or a chain with any typical activities (theme night, trapeeze, etc). I would like suggestions. We are in our late 30's. If the resort was more European in culture, that could be nice for him.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:07 PM
dtour

ST BARTS,and I guaretee you'll come back pregnant.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Margo

I would suggest the Esmeralda Resort in french St. Martin at Orient Beach--rent a car--the cuisine is outstanding on this side of the island. There are several beach bars that serve food and a very good restaurant onsite-L'Astrolobe. Drive into Grand Case or Marigot for fine dining. Also L'Hoste at Orient Beach for a smaller intimate resort.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Jen

Hi Wendy,<BR><BR>Would recommend Swept Away or Couples Negril in Negril Jamaica.<BR><BR>For only 5 days - Jamaica is very accessible. Much more so than the other, smaller islands. Too much time traveling to these for only 5 days.<BR><BR>Both the resorts above are AI and everything about them is excellent - first class. You are also on one of the nicest beaches in the Caribbean - 7 mile beach or Bloody Bay.<BR><BR>Check these out by doing a search above or finding other info on the Internet.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:11 PM
suggestion

St Barts is a great place, Caneel Bay resort on St. John, USVI also beautiful.<BR>Anguilla, although not as picturesques as St. Barts and St. John, has some beautiful resorts. <BR><BR>Have you thought of renting a villa, most all-inclusives don't live up to their reputation and it's fun to go out to different restaurants and explore.<BR><BR>I personally wouldn't go to Jamaica or St. Martin.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:25 AM
cc

You might want to consider Jumby Bay in Antigua. It is located on its own private island (privacy!) and has some very nice beaches. We were there in Dec 2001 and the service was outstanding. It is also an all-inclusive. Activities range from nothing to your basic watersports. You can be as active (or lazy) as you want to be, without anyone pestering you to join in activities. All in all, quite laid back and relaxing. Highly recommended.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:23 PM
gilbert

St Bart is realy for you<BR>look at this nice and romantic cottage <BR>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/cottages-les-creolines/

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:26 AM
Jim

Sandals in Negril Jamaica very romantic place.